Investment Operations Director at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
What You Will Be Doing
The Investment Operations Director is responsible for managing the daily activities of Investment Operations team. You will assist senior investment management with client servicing, and maintain and improve operational procedures.
- Implement strategic policies, as well as manage relationships and teams across multiple product lines.
- Regularly interact with senior management and executive levels within the enterprise and/or client organizations.
- Support operational needs of Portfolio Management and Investment teams.
- Approve all wires, ACHs and checks for Loan Agency.
- Review processing issues and update policies/procedures to improve efficiencies.
- Monthly review of account tax coding for year-end processing.
- Oversight for client billing on a quarterly basis, interacting monthly with Finance team.
- Perform quarterly management self-audits.
- Verify new and closed accounts are properly processed.
- Troubleshoot and correct errors and issues within accounts.
- Gather data and provide backup support for Portfolio Managers and Account Executives as needed.
- Provide exceptional customer service to clients.
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Typically, requires at least 15 years' financial services industry experience, with 5 or more years of leadership responsibility.
- Self-starter with willingness and ability to make independent decisions and handle multiple tasks and responsibilities
- Ability to communicate complex ideas and solutions to trust administrators and end clients in understandable terms.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment on a variety of projects, receive instructions from a variety of stakeholders, and meet deadlines
- Capable of working in a fast paced, high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Adept at problem solving with superb analytical skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Experience with Bloomberg, trading systems and venues.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Approximately 20% travel is expected.
Added Bonus If You Have
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related field
- Knowledge of structured finance industry and related products
What We Offer You
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and well-being
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility, and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.