Incident Management Analyst Sr at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Commerce/Business
Travel Percentage :
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Acts as focal point for incident review and escalation if necessary.
• Supports a computer operations environment that meets all service level agreements, e.g., 24x7 availability, response time parameters, etc. and availability targets.
• Works across a wide array of product lines and engages various levels of management on a day to day basis.
• Is familiar with the ITIL framework, as the Incident Management process is a key input into the established Change and Problem processes.
• Develops, coordinates and promotes incident management activities across enterprise and takes responsibility for effective functioning of Incident Management processes across all support areas.
• Engagement and escalation following onset of a production incident.
• Escalates to provide immediate tactical response and coordination minimizing duration of service interruptions.
• Escalates to oncall Managers, technical specialists and production management staff in restoration of service during an incident.
• Partners with IT management to establish strategies and priorities for overall IT operations understanding current and future business demands.
• Acts as liaison between inter or intra-datacenter teams for high severity incidents.
• Assists in managing and developing tactical plans for Operations.
• In conjunction with the problem management function, identifies and implements cost-saving and continuous improvement initiatives within the information processing area.
• Develops and maintains departmental standards and procedures.
• Consults with other teams on proper integration and correlation of the incident management process and their respective areas.
• Maintains awareness of emerging technologies, trends and best practices in computing hardware, software and operational processes.
• Provides regular incident bulletins to teams concerning open or ongoing incidents.
• Ensures effective and rapid response to major incidents.
• Reviews and recommends, as appropriate, changes to support processes to ensure continuous improvement of the incident management process.
• Facilitates daily, weekly and monthly tactical meetings as well as creates incident reports as determined by the business.
• Works with external clients and other internal teams on an as needed basis.
• Other related duties assigned as needed
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or business or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Considerable knowledge of incident management principles, procedures and techniques
• Considerable knowledge of standards and best practices relevant to the information technology industry, e.g., ITIL
• Strong knowledge of issue resolution and escalation practices, FIS products and services and IT infrastructure
• Ability to apply analysis and creative thinking when solving problems and conflict
• Ability to provide acute attention to detail
• Ability to communicate effectively to all levels within the organization
• Decision making ability within specified parameters as well as independent and collaborative decision making skills
• Skilled at identifying and implementing process improvements
• Ability to effectively establish and maintain relationships across the organization
• Strong capabilities in public speaking
• Strong written communication skills
• Solid business acumen and an awareness of business implications of decisions
• Demonstrated skill in timely, proactive, responsive follow-through on deliverables
• Ability to organize tasks and priorities effectively and under minimal supervision
• Proven ability to function in an environment requiring flexibility, good judgment and sound decision-making often based on limited information and/or under extreme conditions
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Experienced support role. Moderate skills with high level of proficiency. Works semi-independently with a high level of latitude for independent judgment. Able to effectively manage moderate to high priority incidents from start to finish. Capable of capturing and authoring internal communication with little to no supervision. Strong understanding of the organization, including key technical and managerial resources. Serves as an internal point of reference for other teams. Typically requires a minimum of two years industry experience with a minimum of three years related experience in production support, quality assurance, or incident management.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.