Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
This is a level 3 position, troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving technical customer issues associated with NetScout Arbor Networks.
- Tuning and Optimizing the Arbor thresholds for the customers environment
- Assisting with DDoS attack mitigations (pre-attack prep, during-attack assistance, post-attack reviews)
- Providing walkthrough training on NetScout Arbor DDoS portal to the customer's
- Testing customer configurations in a lab environment
- Interfacing with other technical support personnel, engineering, and product management to escalate and resolve issues within the organization
- Maintaining on-call phone availability for critical escalations for your customer
- Generating Arbor customer-specific technical documentation, as needed
- Excellent oral and written communication and customer interaction skills
- Advanced routing with dynamic routing protocols including GRE, BGP
- Network Security troubleshooting
- Candidate should have a thorough knowledge of networking principles to include TCP/IP and network security(firewalls\ACLs)
- Provide support on M-F business hour’s schedule, On Call support 7 x 24 x 365
- Work independently and coordinate with customers, vendors and other departments to co-ordinate deployments / changes and troubleshooting
- Work with vendors for Hardware and Software support as required
- Mentor and provide training to junior technical staff
- Experience with a ticketing system
- Degree\Diploma in Computer Science with at least 4+ years experience in technical support functions with very strong fundamental understanding of telecom network and routing environments
- Advanced networking skills required (TCP/IP,ACLs and BGP Routing)
- Netflow experience and understanding desired
- Strong network security skills required
- Knowledge of Linux and/or Solaris Operating System, and scripting is desirable
- Ability to obtain a Secret (Level II) clearance with the Canadian government (requires current 10 years of continuous residency in Canada.
- Transferrable Secret clearance considered an asset
Benefits, Rewards & Wellness
Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) - Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary AIP which is based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Sales Incentive Plan - Full-time Zayo sales employees are also eligible for discretionary incentive cash compensation through our Sales Incentive Plan
Excellent Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
Retirement 401(k) Savings Plan
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Please note, in accordance with Zayo's commitment to providing and maintaining a workplace free of recognized hazards, all U.S. and Canadian employees and any employee, vendor, customer, or visitor who enters a Zayo office or facility in the U.S. and Canada must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of such vaccination. If you are hired by Zayo, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.