Ibotta is seeking a Fraud Response manager to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding. The Fraud Response Manager will help combat fraudulent activity by creating, owning, and executing Ibotta’s reactive fraud strategy, while managing and working with a team of Fraud Data Analysts to identify and create action plans for emerging fraud trends. As a Fraud Response Manager, you will be responsible for putting in place the tools and processes needed to detect and mitigate fraud risks as soon as they emerge, including working alongside technology and operations teams to ensure Ibotta is set up to combat fraud risks of any scale.
This position is located in Denver, Colorado or with the option of full-time remote. Candidates must live in the United States.
What you will be doing:
- Create and own a holistic reactive fraud strategy that helps Ibotta monitor, detect, and stop emerging fraud trends
- Create policies and guidelines for Ibotta’s response to new fraud threats
- Work closely with partner fraud teams on analytics, engineering and operations to achieve Ibotta’s fraud OKRs
- Continuously monitor suspicious activity and communicate trends and concerns with relevant stakeholders
- Work closely with the operations teams to optimize fraud investigation resources, processes and quality expectations
- Lead and develop a team of Fraud Data Analysts, including review of fraud dashboards
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in risk management strategy preferably in fin-tech or e-commerce
- Experience in leading analytics teams or other technical roles
- Self-motivated individual with strong sense of leadership, ownership and drive
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience partnering with a cross-functional group of engineers, operations, product, and leadership teams to achieve a common goal.
- Proficient using SQL and in proven data wrangling skills
- Expert in using data visualization tools (Looker, Mode Analytics, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience using scripting languages for data analysis and visualization (Python, R, SAS, etc.)
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target, and Uber, we’ve delivered over $750 million in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity.
- Base compensation range: $80,000 - $110,000.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.