Fiber-To-Tower (FTT) Install Technician II
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The FTT Install Technician II is an advanced level position within the FTT (Fiber-to-the-Tower) organization. These technicians require an advanced understanding of the existing network infrastructure and ring topology. Technician II’s will work directly with the field for new core deployments and network augments. This position is also responsible for the installation and turn up of new nodes within an existing ring or the creation of a new ring. Technician II’s will also support customer service augments. The role will assist with customer service configuration on core and cell site equipment. Once the configuration is complete, the technician will then proceed with performing circuit testing utilizing RFC2544 and Y.1731 or similar protocol. Everyone in the organization will ensure all new and change orders are complete each day by closely monitoring the Salesforce dashboards. Technicians are responsible for closing their tasks and orders in Salesforce. This position also provides Zayo’s NCC advanced level technical support and training on new equipment and configurations
- Build configuration scripts and work with the field on node Inserts into existing or new collector rings.
- Work with the field on new core turn-ups.
- Work with the field to replace equipment for upgrades.
- Work with the field and/or customer for service or core augments.
- Build new or augment existing Tesi’s on Cyan platform.
- Assist and train junior FTT team members. Act as a mentor for these technicians by teaching them something new every day.
- Provision, test, and turn up new FTT services across the Cyan, Ciena, Telco Systems, and Cisco platforms.
- Technician must be able to provision new layer-2 services on the Cyan and Cisco Routers.
- Test services using RFC2544 and/or Y.1731 and document results in Salesforce.
- Load new devices in SevOne.
- Daily monitoring of Salesforce dashboards for all new and change services. When completed, ensure all tasks and orders are properly closed within the platform.
- Work nights and/or weekends as necessary for customer testing and turn-up.
- Assist with network/customer audits.
- Work directly with customers, providing a high level of customer satisfaction.
- 4+ years of experience with Telecommunications with an understanding of IP/Ethernet.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) or equivalent from four-year College or technical school and two years related experience and/or training specific to IP and Ethernet networking; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Subject matter expert on Layer 1 and 2 of the OSI Model.
- Demonstrated experience in Ethernet and IP Engineering. Prior FTT engineering experience a plus.
- CCNP or equivalent is a plus but not required.
- Must be able to navigate Salesforce.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as the trouble ticketing and circuit inventory software.
- Must be able to support a flexible schedule, typically with advanced notice.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.