Ethernet Network Engineer at Zayo
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
Zayo’s Lit Fiber to the Tower Ethernet Engineering team is an all-star cast of highly motivated, technical professionals who are responsible for engineering solutions for all Lit Fiber to the Tower Ethernet services implemented on Zayo’s FTT network. Members of this team are excited to utilize cutting edge technology day in and day out to design the powerful, reliable services Zayo’s customers enjoy. Ethernet Engineers are extremely detail oriented, highly organized, and communicate effectively with the organization. Fast paced, technical, and driven are a few words that describe this elite group.
Zayo has an exciting opening for a highly motivated and quick learning Ethernet Engineer to join this team to assist with and gain experience in many areas of engineering as part of a Tier 1 service provider. This individual will work alongside other engineers and assist with gathering engineering information, creating/updating designs, equipment logistics, and dispatching field engineers with a detailed statement of work. This is a great opportunity for a bright and driven individual who wants to develop a highly desired skillset and career with a rapidly growing service provider.
- Engineer is responsible for managing and completing projects as assigned in a timely manner. Responsibilities will focus on end-to-end core design (tying customer MTSO to an existing or new Zayo Core) and designing tower collector rings (tying cell towers to the core).
- Special projects may include network audits, network configuration & inventory verification, creation of network tools & reports, and other projects as assigned.
- Work within engineering teams to design and deliver product solutions on time and within budget, as well maintaining a high level of communication with project managers.
- Engineer will be responsible for creating and updating network documentation and drawings, using KML files to validate and design diverse network configurations. Candidate should have strong Visio and written skills.
- We always look for ways to enable delivery of services more efficiently. Having a good eye to identify areas of optimization is a key to thriving in this role.
- Bachelor of Science degree (B.S.) or equivalent from four-year University or technical school.
- 1 to 2 years related experience.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Layer 2 networking.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office and Visio as these applications are critical for day to day functions.
- Strong understanding of core competencies such as physical connectivity over fiber and copper, riser and cross connects, as well as related terminology.
- Due to the fast paced atmosphere at Zayo, great organization skills are a must.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave