Director, Strategic Initiatives at Angi
Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With over 25 years of experience and a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes - join us!
About the role:
This is a unique opportunity to shape the future of a new and fast-growing team at Angi. The head of Angi’s Marketplace vertical has launched the Pro Success & Retention team to manage the experience of our Service Providers on the platform, and grow a ~$1B P&L.
You will work cross-functionally across departments, be responsible for the strategy and execution of key projects, and get to know the inner-workings of a dynamic, product-driven company in a way no other role allows. This is the perfect role for hungry, analytical, strategic team-players who want to develop as future leaders of technology companies.
You will devise strategy, build frameworks, structure solutions, manage projects and drive & measure results in the most critical areas of the business.
What you'll do:
Partner with Angi leaders to solve core business problems and drive results. This includes:
- Building frameworks and developing plans – Help take a business objective or goal and break it down into a cohesive plan – identify specific areas of opportunity through analysis, understand the drivers behind them, set metrics to focus on, and layout goals and milestones that will get us there. Use both quantitative and qualitative insights to support your recommendation
- Structuring actionable solutions – Take different drivers from a plan and develop large action items that we can begin to execute on (this may involve working with internal teams like product, operations or finance)
- Driving and measuring results – Analyze findings and results, measure impact, and remove any roadblocks with new actions or alterations that are necessary.
- Leading projects end to end – Given the company evolving continuously, be prepared to jump into different areas of the business and take the lead in certain mission critical areas. This could involve leading a product initiative that works across departments, pursuing a new growth or partnership opportunity, or spearheading a new operational initiative.
- Develop as a future leader of the organization – by working through different projects and areas of the business, develop as leader of the organization with a) a deep level of expertise on how best to drive impact at Angi, b) develop an ability to work with and manage high performers, and c) become a champion of Angi’s value and culture.
What we're looking for:
- 8-10 years of professional experience in an analytical field such as management consulting, finance or another tech company
- Early training in management consulting (at least 2 years, up to an entire career so far) highly encouraged
- MBA from a top business school a plus, but not required
- Analytical and ambitious people, with a desire to learn and grow rapidly
- Structured thinkers, with strong organizational and communication skills, both oral and written
- Creative problem solvers with the ability to identify real obstacles and viable solutions
- Nimble process and project managers who know how to achieve outcomes
- Willingness to get hands dirty and do whatever it takes to ensure success
- Willingness to adapt to a fast-paced work environment; hack, test and learn mentality, team player
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $170,000 - $215,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world