Director of Scheduling at DispatchHealth
Director of Scheduling
DispatchHealth has redefined health care delivery to offer on-demand acute care and advanced medical care for people of all ages in the comfort of their own home. DispatchHealth’s emergency medicine and internal medicine-trained medical teams are equipped with all the tools necessary to treat common to complex injuries and illnesses. DispatchHealth works closely with payers, providers, health systems and others to deliver care in the home to reduce unnecessary emergency room visits, hospital stays and readmissions. Acute care medical teams are available seven days a week, evenings and holidays, and can be requested via app, online or a quick phone call. DispatchHealth is partnered with most major insurance companies. For more information, visit DispatchHealth.com.
Mission: Provide patient-centered care through the power of technology, convenience, and service.
The Director of Scheduling is an integral part of our Provider Services team here at DispatchHealth. This position will be scheduling our clinical staff in multiple states and locations. Will be responsible for implementing best practices to be sure all markets are staffed fully and efficiently. A strong attention to detail and organization is required to be successful. This position will be leading the team of schedulers, so leadership experience is required. Candidates can be located in Denver or in one of our active markets.
- Oversight of scheduling and staffing for clinical and care teams in multiple states and locations
- Predictive analytics for scheduling
- Develop and mentor team members to ensure a high level of engagement and success
- Analyze and strategize around areas for improvement in staffing and scheduling of resources
- Understand and report on trends and performance to drive accountability and improvements
- Assist with day to day scheduling and staffing responsibilities
- Other responsibilities as identified
Job Requirement and Qualifications
- 5 years leadership experience in healthcare operations
- 3 years’ experience in medical group operations, medical staff/credentialing office, or comparable scheduling role
- Proficiency in scheduling systems – Shift Admin experience preferred
- Proficiency in MS Suite
- Knowledge and understanding of a clinical environment
- Experience with Athena EMR a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service capabilities and great telephone presence
- Excellent verbal communication
- Ability to think critically in complex situations
- Computer skills with Mac and PC operating systems which would include but not limited to MS Office, MS Excel, MS Calendar and scheduling programs
- Career growth and investment
- Be part of a company that is innovative, exciting and progressive
- Competitive health and wellness benefits for full-time employees
- Flexible schedule
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job; however, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.