Director of Operations at Spark Grills
Spark is a venture-backed startup with the ambitious goal of disrupting a stale industry. We are looking for a Director of Operations to join our 16 person (and growing) team. Our ideal candidate has experience with scaling management and operations in a fast growing startup environment and a unique ability to forge solid professional relationships with coworkers, management, and stakeholders.
You will be a guiding force of operations, working closely with the Founder to spearhead our operations team and define the direction, architecture, and evolution of Spark. The work will require creativity, tenacity, adaptability in a rapidly evolving business environment, a passion for the unknown, and solid knowledge of various business functions.
- Place Spark in a position of operational excellence with regards to business health and resource management.
- Management of ongoing operations including internal departments and their respective leaders.
- Management of external resources including accounting, finance, and legal contracting.
- Foster a culture that inspires high levels of performance and retention.
- Track company culture, moral, and performance.
- Identify areas for growth and improvement as well as implement change.
- Report company performance and progress for both internal and external uses.
- Envision Spark in 6 to 12 months.
- Support the leadership team in meeting Spark’s mid range growth and scale goals and challenges.
- Look around corners and anticipate business and resource needs over time.
- Develop strategic planning for the direction and control of business development activities.
- Be a student of current industry trends, ensuring that the company maintains and expands its technology leadership position.
- Recognize the role as that of both manager and support resource / mentor.
- Willingness to roll your sleeves up and help out in any discipline.
- Help us inspire people to cook outside more.
- At least 5 years of management experience guiding, developing, and managing research as well as development of strategic operating plans and budgets.
- Ability to function in a high impact position within a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to develop high levels of credibility and forge solid professional relationships with subordinates, peers, management and stakeholders inside and outside of the organization.
- Experience with financial management including preparing and managing budgets, banking activities, contracts and negotiations.
- Self-motivated with a strong bias for action, and excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong computer skills and experience with CRM and ERP Systems.
- A desire to learn more about the startup/venture capital environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS & PERKS
- Generous equity package in a venture-backed startup.
- Market based compensation.
- A fun team environment, located right next door to the Rayback.
- Plenty of room for professional growth as part of a small but growing team.
We’re applying engineering, design, technology, and, above all, fresh thinking to reimagine the modern grilling experience. Wait what? Grilling is an American pastime. It’s part of our social fabric. Why change something that’s not broken?
We believe parts of the experience and category are broken or stale. Even what’s working can be improved – but we can’t ruin what people already love. That’s a tough balance to strike. But we believe there’s a huge opportunity.
Spark combines the artisanship of the pre-gas era with the technology of today to give cooks the authenticity, taste and character of charcoal without all the hassle.