Director of Events at JumpCloud
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:10 a.m. (MST) on Wednesday, January 26, 2022
All roles at JumpCloud are Remote unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to corporate technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities, their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. Since launching in 2012, our global user base has grown to more than 150,000 organizations, with more than 5,000 paying customers including Cars.com, GoFundMe, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight and Peloton. JumpCloud has raised over $400M from world-class investors including Sapphire Ventures, General Atlantic, Sands Capital, Atlassian, and CrowdStrike. Our teams are growing fast, too, and we're looking for talent across engineering, sales, customer success, marketing, product management, and more. Join our team of dedicated, passionate, and creative people who are eager to change the IT industry forever.
The Director of Events is an exciting new role at JumpCloud. This person will work to build a global events program with a healthy mix of tradeshows, roadshows, meetups and other performance and awareness focused events. This is a great opportunity to have an outsized impact at a growth stage, SaaS company with visibility across the entire organization.
- Develop an annual plan which outlines which events JumpCloud will attend, sponsor or otherwise participate in. Develop the JumpCloud events program from newly formed to strategic global program.
- Own the pipeline targets for every sponsored and hosted field event we do and drive alignment across the entire revenue org to achieve these targets. Partner with in-market AEs to host field events and other in-market campaigns.
- Build and manage an event team of employees, contractors, and agencies to successfully execute events around the world. Be the company expert on all things events and help resource for non-revenue events, such as PR events, internal events, parties, and offsites, as well as recruiting events.
- Develop performance and awareness metrics. Metrics will include event registration, attendance, scans and pipeline targets. Coordinate with marketing, sales, and customer success to follow up on leads from each event and track ongoing to close the loop on pipeline generation and revenue. Develop and communicate weekly and quarterly reports on event KPIs through evaluation of performance, post-event ROI tracking, and wrap-up reports.
- Lead event execution including budgeting, staffing, registration campaigns, onsite and promotional content creation, signage/giveaways, contract negotiation, site selection, accommodations, participant registration, agenda scheduling, staffing, on-site production, F&B, and logistics.
- 8+ years of event and field marketing experience - both leading and building event functions at B2B companies.
- Ideal candidate has experience in a growth stage SaaS business marketing to a technology practioner / technical audience.
- Understanding of how to develop annual plans, create and manage to a program budget and how to set program metrics.
- Ability to lead contract negotiations and vendor management.
- Solid understanding of Salesforce reports, both for promotion, registration, lead creation, campaign influence and association and pipeline tracking.
- Extremely organized, self-starter, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong experience working across teams and departments, demonstrating an understanding of the various functions of a revenue team, including comms, marketing, demand, sales, BD, and customer success.
- Experience working across geographically dispersed teams; experience with B2B tech companies headquartered in the US.
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual compensation range for this role, depending on individual candidate level and experience, is $150,000 - $175,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions.
JumpCloud provides a comprehensive benefits package, with several medical plans to choose from including a high deductible HSA plan with employer contribution, two dental plans, vision insurance, flexible spending account (FSA), employee assistance program (EAP), short- and long-term disability, life insurance and a 401k savings plan with match. We have an unlimited vacation policy.
Where you’ll be working/Location:
JumpCloud is committed to being Remote First. If a role requires you to be in a certain location or country, that will be clearly stated in the job description. All roles posted in United States locations do require that you be located within one of the 50 U.S. States.
Our Headquarters is in the Denver/Boulder, CO area. Once we reopen our offices you will have the opportunity to remain fully remote, work from one of our office locations (CO only currently) or flex your time.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
JumpCloud is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Read Full Job Description