Director of Customer Success
An Audacious Mission
Today, coordinating business travel is complex because of competing interests, opaque industry practices, convoluted systems, and bad software.
But we believe that travel is a force-multiplier for growth.
Travel connects teams to new and existing co-workers, partners, and customers. It enables new opportunities, produces unexpected collaboration, and shifts perspectives. That’s why we focus daily on making travel more about why you’re going and less about how you’ll get there.
Our mission is to make in-person collaboration effortless.
We have an opportunity for a collaborative, empathetic, and experienced customer success leader to have a massive impact on the future of our business.
As the Director of Customer Success, your mission will be to build a world-class Customer Success team that works hand-in-hand with our customers to increase adoption of existing use cases, identify new opportunities to grow with our customers, mitigate churn, and manage the renewal cycle.
Your team will be accountable for knowing the pulse of each of our customers so we can anticipate their needs and deliver against them. You will need to ensure that you and your team effectively collaborates with the Implementations, Sales, Product, and Travel Support teams.
You will need to lay the foundation of what it means to be a successful CSM at Pana. That will include “get-hands-dirty-in-everything” CS work and owning key accounts for the first 6 to 12 months.
This is a truly unique opportunity for someone to embark on a career-transforming journey. As such, it is going to require a truly unique individual to do it well; we suggest you read this blog post and ensure you’re a “whole-body” YES to everything in it before applying.
Our employees enjoy full benefits, unlimited vacation time, a competitive salary, stock options, and a chance to change the face of travel.
What We Value
You are collaborative
You enjoy working with others with different disciplines and backgrounds to effectively solve a problem. You don’t need to be the hero of every situation and are driven just as much by group rather than individual success.
You are deeply empathetic.
You understand how to listen beyond the “what” of customer asks and dig into the core motivations and emotions of our customers. You know how to get customers to express the “why” behind their thoughts, and, when they do tell you, you listen to understand.
You love learning
You can use Google to learn anything and everything except for rocket science and brain surgery. You believe no problem is too hard, because you can teach your self “just-in-time” how to solve it. The importance of this skill in this role cannot be overstated
You are helpful
You voluntarily step up when others are struggling, even if the problem is not in your area of expertise. You are happy when you have made others succeed.
You communicate clearly
When writing you are eloquent, informative, and efficient. In person, you are articulate about your perspective, feelings, and opinions.
You are analytical
You rely heavily on data and reporting to help you understand how we are performing across our entire customer base. You seek out data to help understand the identify issues before they even occur.
You work hard
You relentlessly and swiftly execute towards your goals and metrics. You are not afraid of long hours, and you are able to handle stress well and maintain a positive attitude.
- Drive net negative churn by identifying new opportunities via up-sells or cross-sells.
- Manage renewals and increase renewal rates.
- Work with Product and Travel Support to deliver an experience that results in a world-class NPS score.
- Coach your team to meet their goals.
- Create a scalable way to service customers both, big and small.
- Own high-value accounts.
The Typical Day
- Speak with 3 customers to touch base on how everything is going.
- Review the customer health score dashboard to get ahead of any potential issues.
- Participate in 2 customer onboarding calls.
- Build out a new process and workflow for how we manage our smaller clients.
- Coach a CSM on how to identify new opportunities within an account.
- 5+ years experience in Customer Success in a fast-paced B2B tech environment.
- Experience managing and scaling a team from a couple of people with limited resources.
- Comfortable networking within an existing client to further establish the relationship.
- Ability to create a high-touch customer success experience for enterprise clients or a low-touch process for smaller companies.
- Comfortable using Salesforce and reporting tools like Periscope Data.