Director, Customer Insights at Evolve Vacation Rental
Evolve Vacation Rental is a hospitality company with a mission to make renting a vacation home easy for both property owners and guests. Thanks to an unapologetic passion for hospitality, we now support over 14,000 properties in over 700 markets across North America. We enjoy earning each guest and owner's business - all while having some fun along the way.
Why this role:
On our mission to making vacation rental easy for everyone, we’re looking for a stellar Customer Insights Director to help us get there. In this newly created position reporting to our new SVP, Customer Experience (the former Head of Customer Experience at Warby Parker) you will be in a highly visible role across our Leadership team and all levels of the organization.
You’ll take on three key areas of responsibility: representing the voice of the customer (current and potential), delivering strategic insights that drive cross-organization goals and roadmaps, and leading a high performing team that excels in supporting your team’s initiatives.
Join a fast-paced start-up culture, while having the support of a larger, well funded company-we’ve raised over $100M in investment capital from world-class investors like T. Rowe Price, Allen & Company, and Annox Capital
What you’ll do:
- Represent the voice of the customer, blending data-driven insights with qualitative sources to promote a customer-centric culture
- Manage Guest Reviews, Guest NPS, Owner NPS and other key customer metrics, sharing trends and insights with our leadership and customer-facing teams
- Deliver a cohesive and clearly communicated view of our current and potential customer base including needs, wants, habits, perceptions, journey maps, and customer segmentation - and how market trends will impact these areas. Tie these insights to team goals and roadmaps across all functions
- Run research projects that support company-wide initiatives, working closely with business partners to ensure the customer is at the center of strategic decisions
- Lead and mentor a high-performing team with expertise across a range of methodologies able to support stakeholders in making decisions across our entire business
What makes you a great fit:
- 6-8 years of experience in a highly analytical role (management consulting, market research and/or consumer insights experience is preferred)
- You are forward-thinking about the strategic role of insights in identifying business opportunities and driving business results, and are unwavering in your belief in the power of consumer insights
- Able to quickly establish credibility across all levels of the organization, impact decisions through formal and informal influence, and create alignment between teams
- Experienced in planning and conducting quantitative research studies, including expertise in survey and sample design
- Knowledgeable of statistics and experimental design with bonus points for experience with R, SQL, and other analytical tools
- Top notch at creating impactful and cohesive research decks
- Ability to multitask, collaborate, and prioritize in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- An optimistic, high-energy problem solver
- Self-motivated - you don’t look for direction, you make it happen
- Travel industry experience is a plus
Location: While we are all currently working from home until at least July, our goal is to eventually return to our beautiful Denver office and collaborate in person.
Total Rewards at Evolve
At Evolve, we care for our teammates by supporting their physical, mental, and financial wellbeing through a comprehensive Total Rewards Program.
- Industry competitive pay
- Health insurance package options that include 100% employer paid HDHP plan and two PPO plan options for you and your dependents
- Employer paid dental, and vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- Company equity
- 401(k) with a 4% match that vests immediately
- PTO, sick days, and paid Parental Leave
But wait, there’s more… optional benefits offered include commuter benefits, pet insurance and travel perks.
For this role our salary range is $130,000 to $160,000. This role will also be eligible to receive a variable annual bonus based on both company and individual performance.
Opportunity: Our leadership and management teams are dedicated to creating meaningful learning and growth opportunities for all Evolvers, as well as providing clear expectations and continuous feedback.
Community: It’s easy to make friends at Evolve. We support maintaining a strong community through our teammate-led groups focused on learning, inclusion, environmental wellness, and more.
Transparency: Every month, our leadership team shares how the company is performing, explaining where we’re headed next, and recognizing team members for jobs well done.
Values: They mean more to Evolve than just bullets on a page, they drive our daily decisions and impact how we work as a hospitality company.
- Earn It
- Build Loyalty One Interaction at a Time
- Communicate Often, Honestly & Directly
- Embrace Change
- Stay Hungry & Humble
- Be Efficient
- Take Risks
- Learn Every Day
- Have Some Fun Along the Way
Which value sounds the most like you?
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse work environment is a successful work environment so all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.