Desktop Support Technician at Angi
Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With over 25 years of experience and a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes - join us!
Wanted: A customer service-focused technical support professional (also known as a Desktop Support Technician) looking to advance his or her career in the world of systems support and administration as part of a hard-charging, motivated Technical Operations team dedicated to keeping Angi's IT Environment exceptional for our associates. This position is available in our Golden office.
- Responding to incidents and requests for Tier 1 support
- Triage incoming support issues and determine severity and impact, escalating when appropriate to higher tier support. Providing information to Tier 2 & 3 support as needed
- Participating in maintenance activities on hardware, operating systems, and software applications, and, with supervision, making physical changes to PC, server, and network storage hardware.
- Maintaining the alert/notification systems, and creating/modifying support documentation.
- Travel between locations for support activities.
Why we think you'll want this job:
- Angi has a casual, laidback vibe, and our commitment to our employees has landed us on the Denver Post’s Top Workplaces list for each of the last 6 years.
- Your teammates are passionate about their work, and strive to be experts in their field. They love to learn from you, teach you, support you, and challenge you.
- At Angi, we have a progressive take what you need paid time-off policy. Instead of accruing vacation and/or sick time, you literally take the time you need to recharge (within reason, of course).
- We are always looking for new ideas to solve problems; your opinion matters to us, and we want to know how you can excel at your job.
- Ability to provide world class customer service to Angi employees and partners through phone, email and desk-side support.
- At least 2 years of experience in a technical support position of some kind - you must have your high school diploma or equivalent, and some college is desirable. A+, Network+ and/or ACMT certifications get you bonus points.
- Experience troubleshooting PC and Mac technical problems through remote troubleshooting.
- Basic familiarity with servers, and network hardware, as well as familiarity with operating system software Work with computer imaging, printer support, etc.
- Experience with modern IT Service Management systems a plus.
- The ability to communicate in a variety of methods - email, written documentation, verbal instructions - and the ability to stop and listen.
- Ability to follow process and procedures, and communicate to management when possible changes should be made.
- The ability to maintain composure when things get chaotic or if they don't quite go the way you planned.
- Reliable transportation is needed to perform job responsibilities.
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $40,000-$50,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world