Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, dedicated Internet access, and colocation services. Zayo owns and operates a Tier 1 IP Backbone and 44 carrier-neutral data centers. Through its Cloudlink service, Zayo provides low latency private connectivity that attaches enterprises to their public cloud environments. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Data Center Technician III provides an overall focus on positive proactive end-user customer service through phone, email, face-to-face, and our internal case management systems. Maintains accurate chain-of-custody logs of incoming and outgoing customer packages and ensures facility cleanliness. As a member of the Operations Team, the Data Center Technician III is expected to handle trouble tickets and remote hands requests from inception through resolution. Data Center Technician III are tasked with the installation of a variety of circuits, including Ethernet, Sonet and Dark Fiber. Data Center Technicians monitor all business-critical systems (BMS, Security) escalating issues accordingly and drive both internal and customer compliance to the company’s security standards.
- Create and maintain effective customer relationships, with customer satisfaction as the ultimate goal. Answering customer phone calls and emails within a timely and professional manner.
- Responsible for ensuring installs, capacity checks, testing and close out of Customer orders are completed in a timely manner while meeting predefined installation intervals
- Responsible for ensuring all Tickets/Cases are resolved timely and in a professional manner.
- Responsible for Cost efficiency, Outage management, Change management and Compliance within Data Center
- Supervision of all Vendor Maintenance Activities within Data Center
- Perform physical security walkthroughs, administration of security sign-in procedures for all colocation customers, visitors, third parties and escorting them to designated work location while adhering and enforcing established company security standards.
- Accurately capture time invested on tasks and tickets/cases (customer installs, site expansions, outages, remote hands, etc) including capturing Cap Labor on timesheet and ensuring timesheets are completed and submitted timely.
- Responsible for monthly recording and furnishing Customer Metered Power, in a timely manner to meet invoicing.
- Participate in the Market’s on-call rotation, based on Market needs.
- Monitor and Resolve technical issues and alarms with zColo Infrastructure, ensuring issue resolution.
- Comfortable with following ERP and Escalating to on-call staff or engineering support staff as necessary in a fast-paced data center environment.
- Maintain and Ensure facility cleanliness at all times and maintaining site “Tour Readiness” at all times
- Maintain working knowledge of all products, processes and systems, with an emphasis on PR/CSP submittal processes to ensure payment to Vendors occurs timely.
- First point of escalation for local Data Center Technicians - Assisting with training, answering questions related to process/procedures.
- Enforcement of and Adherence to zColo Cabling Standards
- Support customer and/or auditor tours as needed.
- Responsible for Power Monitoring and Reporting
- Maintain accurate inventory of work tools, test equipment, and devices
- Responsibility and dependability are a must.
- Candidates must have reliable transportation.
- Trustworthy and ability to work honestly with little or no supervision, if necessary.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new knowledge and skills immediately.
- Ability to assess situations and escalate properly, following internal procedures.
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems both pc and server side.
- Familiarity with basic hardware troubleshooting tasks, replacing hard drives, memory and motherboards a plus.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Familiarity with DS1, DS3, Ethernet and fiber circuits are a plus.
- Must have ability to install and neatly manage copper, coaxial, Cat5/6, fiber and other network cable/connector types.
- Basic knowledge of switches, firewalls and managed storage are a plus.
Education and/or Experience::
- High school diploma required.
- Previous NOC/SOC/IOC experience and/or data center experience preferred.
- College degree in related discipline preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience or demonstrated ability to meet these responsibilities/qualifications.
This position requires the applicant to be able to work any of the shifts as part of a 24X7 coverage rotation.The ability to sit for prolonged periods in front of a computer is required. Work is done in an area where normal office noise and occasional construction noise is present. Dirt, dust and grease may be present. Work is occasionally conducted in an outside environment such as a dock, on the roof and in equipment enclosures. Duties may involve working outdoors for short periods of time, with potential exposure to typical North Eastern US climatic conditions.
(May be required to work nights, weekends, and holidays as shift rotations require).
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401(k), disability and life insurance
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave