Customer Support Representative, Candidate Experience at Checkr
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
The Candidate Experience Team delivers the cornerstone to Checkr’s success by ensuring that the consumers we work with have a positive, valuable experience. We handle sensitive information with care, alleviate concerns in an appropriate and timely manner, and deliver fantastic support.
- Handle high volume of inbound phone calls and emails from candidates, resolving their questions with empathy and care.
- Carefully review background checks and provide accurate responses to candidates.
- Resolve report issues quickly to ensure we are delivering high quality reports within turnaround time deadlines.
- Have fun working in a fast-paced, high contact volume environment.
- 1+ years experience in a customer-facing role.
- 2+ years experience in a similar support role.
- Ability to maintain compassion and care for individuals.
- Desire to innovate and improve your environment.
- English & Spanish speaking needed.
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn in a fast changing environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with meticulous attention to detail to ensure communications are free of grammatical errors and typos.
- Experience working with a CRM and/or CMS tool (Zendesk) is a plus.
- Experience working in a remote setting is a plus.
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $34,850-$41,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.