Collections Specialist (Entry-Level) at Xactly Corp
Job Title: Collections Specialist
Function: Finance and Accounting
Position Type: Full-Time
Position Level: Entry Level - Junior
Xactly Corporation was founded to solve an important challenge: how to help people everywhere connect and unleash their human potential through seamless, perfectly aligned Sales Performance Management. Xactly's comprehensive Sales Performance Management (SPM) suite leverages data from a sales performance AI platform to provide timely insights across the entire SPM value chain, from sales planning to execution, including compensation to optimization. Xactly takes Sales Performance Management from a dark art to a science, providing decision-makers with the data insights they need to tap the motivational power of their incentive compensation. With access to predictive analytics and benchmark data, enterprises can now optimize territories, design the right compensation and incentive plans and accelerate attainment and optimization of sales performance.
As the Collections Specialist at Xactly Corporation, you'll be responsible for helping the company convert its invoices into cash payments by our customers. This entails reviewing our accounts receivable aging, identifying delinquent accounts, contacting customers and requesting payment status, and following up as needed. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to get in on the ground floor with a fast growing software company with an attractive company culture. At Xactly, we believe everyone has a unique story to tell, and these small differences between us have a big impact. When bright, diverse minds come together, we're challenged to think different ways, generate creative ideas, be more innovative, and take on new perspectives. Our customers come from different cultures and walks of life all around the world, and we believe our teams should reflect that to build strong and lasting relationships.
Xactly's Collections team reports into a world class accounting department. The team is newly created (in the past 12 months), and very diverse. The team includes a range of members that are working at their first professional position, all the way to experienced managers who are eager to mentor, train and develop energetic team members who want to learn. You will also gain exposure to other departments and collaborate with them to collectively help Xactly with its collections activities. We will eventually look to you as our in house expert to help make us better.
THE SKILL SET:
- 0-2 years billing and collections experience.
- Exceedingly eager to learn and implement collections processes and procedures
- High sense of urgency in getting invoices paid
- Attention to detail and highly tuned execution skills to project manage customer payments
- Willingness to learn and are internally motivated
- Customer service skills to ensure customers feel valued in the process of collecting on invoice payments.
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU'LL
- Get your bearings and begin to build a strong foundation upon which to grow
- Build relationships with internal business partners including Accounting, Customer Success, Professional Services and Finance
- Gain a strong understanding of the importance of the collections function and how to begin executing the operations of a collections department.
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU'LL
- You will develop a strong understanding of the collections process and start formulating and sharing opinions on how we can improve.
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Begin to implement the vision for change/impact that you have been developing over the past 6-months and how to optimize the process going forward.
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Develop highly tuned customer service skills and align them with a collections focus
- Identify further personal education opportunities to increase your business and instructional acumen
- Have developed strong relationships with our customers, inspiring trust and credibility.
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage (including pet insurance!)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- XactlyFit Gym/Fitness Program Reimbursement
- Kitchen Stocked Daily with Tasty Snacks, Fruit, and Drinks
- Access to Corporate Discounts
- Up to (3) Days Paid Leave to Participate in Community & Volunteer Opportunities
- End of Month Surprises, Contests, BBQs, Parties & Reward Vacations
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan & Employer Match
- Periodic Massages
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Relocation Assistance through Preferred Partner
THE XACTLY STORY
Xactly is a leading provider of enterprise-class, cloud-based, incentive compensation solutions for employee and sales performance management. We achieve this by following our vision: Unleashing human potential to maximize company performance. We address a critical business need: to incentivize employees and align their behaviors with company goals. Our solutions allow organizations to make better strategic decisions, optimize behaviors, increase sales and employee performance, improve margins, increase operational efficiencies, mitigate risk, design better incentive compensation plans, and reduce error rates in incentive compensation calculations. Our core values of Customer Focus | Accountability | Respect | Excellence are key to our success, and each day we're committed to upholding them by delivering the best we can to our customers.
We were the first 100% cloud-based, multi-tenant provider focusing solely on the incentive compensation and employee and sales performance management market, and we achieved our leadership position through domain expertise and innovative technology. We deliver our solutions through a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business model.
Xactly is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Xactly provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. This means we believe in celebrating diversity and creating an inclusive workplace environment, where everyone feels valued, heard, and has a sense of belonging. By doing this, everyone in the Xactly family has the power to make a difference and unleash their full potential.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.