Care Specialist I (Customer Service Specialist) at Alto Pharmacy
We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 400 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
In the Care Specialist I role, you will be the voice of Alto to our customers. Here at Alto, we use advanced technology and human empathy to improve a broken pharmacy industry into the modern era, and to make high-quality healthcare accessible to all. In the Patient Care Specialist role, you will have the opportunity to be a patient advocate and deliver exceptional patient care. Our mission at Alto is to be the world’s most patient-centric pharmacy, where patients receive the care they deserve. We are building the best pharmacy for everybody, everywhere.
As an Alto Care Specialist I, you are passionate about providing outstanding customer service and have the desire to shape the future of pharmacy. You enjoy problem-solving and truly value the impact your work makes on our patients. You always put the patient first. You are scrappy and resourceful, and view mistakes as an opportunity to go above and beyond to wow customers.
Employment as a Care Specialist I is conditional upon having an active or provisional PTCB certification. After completion of the provisional license, successful new hires will need to write the PTCB exam within 18 months. Alto will cover the cost of your registration fee and renewals upon expiration.
- Assist patients via text, email, and chat
- Provide prompt, courteous and knowledgeable customer service
- Answer incoming calls and continuously deliver exceptional patient care
- Troubleshoot patients’ concerns and questions autonomously
- Manage provider relationships
- Onboard patients and schedule deliveries
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Have previous call center experience
- Are interested in how healthcare works and looking to grow your career
- Have in interest in learning more about the operational process
- Friendly disposition and outstanding customer service experience
- Have a current pharmacy technician license free of any disciplinary actions
- Have PTCB
- High school diploma / GED
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.