Bilingual Manager, Student Success (Spanish Speaking) (Remote) at Guild Education
This may be a remote role, which can sit in any of the following 25 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, SC, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Guild is hiring for a Bilingual Manager of Student Success, fluent in both written and verbal Spanish, to lead and support the daily operations of a team of Student Success Coaches, who coach online adult learners to navigate the unique challenges faced by working adults and effectively balance work, life, and school.
In particular, we are looking for a leader who can work up, down and across an organization, ask the hard questions, and who is not afraid to “wade in ambiguity” to help drive growth and successful student outcomes at Guild. As a Manager of Student Success, be responsible for contributing to the leadership, management and operational oversight of Guild’s growing Student Success team. Roll up your sleeves, provide functional expertise and counsel, and handle change as we build an extraordinary team.As a Bilingual Manager of Student Success, you will:
- Supervise a team of Student Success Coaches to develop new and existing talent and build a highly effective results-driven team
- Provide feedback and coaching on calls, emails, and texts in English and Spanish
- Collaborate effectively with Student Success colleagues to improve the performance of all teams and individuals
- Partner with cross-functional colleagues to find opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of Student Success team members, collaborating to create process and program improvements, and implementing change
- Advocate for student enrollment, retention, and success to internal and external partners
- Analyze data to constantly improve performance and processes
- Ask the questions that will help you help the team continuously improve our outcomes
- Build and maintain relationships with academic partners, like universities and academic content providers, to ensure effective processes are in place and standard methodologies are shared
- Join a team committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
Ideal candidate will have:Required Proficiencies
- Proven 5 plus year of experience leading a team of student advisors, coaches, inside sales reps, or customer service reps
- Written and verbal fluency in both English and Spanish
- Leadership experience handling sophisticated problems, processes, projects, and people
- Ability to successfully manage multiple sophisticated, cross-functional projects at the same time
- Passion, flexibility, and patience are needed for our fast-paced, fun, and collaborative environment
- Experience building diverse, equitable, and inclusive environments and teams
- Ability to develop strong relationships and communicate effectively while under pressure - balancing confidence, humility, and diplomacy internally and externally
- Experience in a startup or similar environment where there is frequent change and a need to demonstrate and act with a sense of urgency
- Passion for education and our mission
- Experience coaching individuals to their goals
- Experience managing change within an organization
Guild is growing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an expansive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market driven, including a base salary range of $75,000-$80,000, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- We provide 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- We provide 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- We provide family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- We provide well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- We offer education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!