Apple Software Trainer & Mac Mentor
The star candidate for this key position will be able to share his/her enthusiasm for technology and Apple software by consulting and teaching people one-to-one, providing solutions, and leading and designing classes and workshops in our shop and onsite with clients and groups. This role will oversee the Aim High! Personal IT plans and maintain its membership base. This role will also share front desk duties with team members.
- Provide expert training to clients, individually and in groups, both in the shop and on-site
- Oversee, manage, and nurture IT plan members
- Coordinate personal training schedule and class schedules
- Follow up regularly with clients and prospects
- Collaborate with team to create and provide fresh content for training material
- Help develop online courses
- Update customer notes, invoices, and records; coordinate with Tech Admin and technicians as needed
- Share front desk duties, shop coverage, and administrative functions
- cross-train with team members for best understanding of operations and various roles
Skills and Requirements:
Candidates must love interacting with and teaching people, have extensive knowledge with Apple products and software; excellent communication, operational, and organizational skills; a positive, welcoming, and friendly presence; and ability to listen to and respond to customer needs. Reliable transportation and the ability to travel to people’s homes and offices is required.
Specific certifications are not required–but you should be an expert to intermediate Mac user, efficient with iOS, and proficient in all the basic Apple software, apps, and Mac functions. Anything else you can bring to the table is welcome and can lead to making the business and yourself more money. Additional training is encouraged and is provided as needed.
Bonuses (extra growth potential for any of the following):
- teaching experience or certifications
- graphic design/visual skills (Adobe CS and/or iWork)
- experience in sales or marketing
- project management skills
- experience with various cloud platforms, apps
Compensation is negotiable, and depends on the value you bring to the team. Based on experience you can expect to start at $15-$18/hour with room to grow. Equity stake for vested employees. Paid time off, paid holidays, and flexible vacation time are included. Mileage is reimbursable for work-related trips.
Again, your participation will help mold and further develop this role and future roles.