Network Engineer (Contract)
Sovrn, is currently seeking a contract Network Engineer to play an integral role in identifying, prioritizing, and resolving critical network related issues that impact business operations. Reporting to the Director of Reliability, you will be responsible for identifying key areas of improvement to our applications and networking configurations that are utilized to run the day-to-day operations of the business. You will be relied upon to proactively seek and communicate solutions to network-related issues, help improve our requirements surrounding low latency, and drive critical changes that can be used to improve the overall health of the network. The Network Engineer will work closely with our engineers on projects and tasks requiring collaboration and cross-functional application knowledge.
- Develop and Implement network configurations and standards (highly available, low latency).
- Coordinate with stakeholders to provide technical networking solutions and improve health of our applications.
- Prioritize and resolve issues of the highest technical and business severity.
- Document network topologies, hardware elevations, and configuration details.
- Create and modify network documentation.
- Maintain and implement monitoring of networking devices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works well in a team environment, as well as independently.
- Strong understanding of networking, e.g. DNS, DHCP, TCP
- Strong understanding of layer 2/3 networking
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Understanding of load balancing technology
- Understanding of TCP/IP stack and data flows
- Enjoys and excels at problem solving and assisting others.
- Attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and prioritize; strong organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to deliver high-quality solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline, Engineering/CS/Information Systems degree preferred
- Experience with Low-latency environments preferred
Position Reports to: Director, Reliability