Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
As a Product Marketing team member with Zayo, your role encompasses all aspects of how our products are marketed to our customers. You’ll execute on decisions about product messaging and positioning, as well as all the other aspects of how our products go to and compete in the market. You will be the product evangelist and will play an integral role in organizing product launches. To succeed, you will work closely with our sales team and product management as you analyze our current strategies and how they’re working in order to make a plan to maximize revenue growth. You will know our competitors; what they do today and what they plan to do in the future. The same goes for our buyers including how they make their buying decisions. You will back up strategic insights with market evidence and then use that knowledge to drive the development of positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales channels to be successful. You’ll be collaborating with our corporate marketing team to develop innovative programs that drive demand and regularly collaborate with product managers and sales channels. An attention to detail and eye for quality are critical to success, along with an ability to grasp and present product value propositions to different market segments in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our buyers’ problems. Tracking performance is critical as is having the data to prove what’s working and what isn’t. This role is ultimately the glue that binds our product strategy to the tactics Zayo needs to drive success and achieve results in Sales and Marketing. The primary measure of success will be revenue growth.
- Market intelligence and competitive analysis— research into our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria; drive the understanding of our competition and how they are positioned. Maintain strong market intelligence, keeping up to date on industry trends researching the strategies of our competitors and making recommendations for changes to our own strategies
- Collaborate with product management, sales and corporate marketing to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas. Support the marketing plan for the market segments you support in conjunction with our marketing team, including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers
- Understand and ensure documentation of our buyer’s process, including the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive appropriate change to our sales and marketing processes.
- Understand and support our sales channels; ensure training on the problems we solve for our buyers; lead development of internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
- Oversee the production of product related sales materials, including presentations, blog posts, advertisements and social media posts
- 2+ years of product marketing experience with exposure in a market-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research)
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is –or isn’t—working
- Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups, and a solid writer
- Excellent people, leadership, and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties. Team player! Ability to handle stressful situations with perseverance and professionalism
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing; or relevant experience
- Knowledge of buyer motivations
- Base salary range: $75,500-$100,650
Benefits, Rewards & Wellness
Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) - Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary AIP which is based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Sales Incentive Plan - Full-time Zayo sales employees are also eligible for discretionary incentive cash compensation through our Sales Incentive Plan
Excellent Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
Retirement 401(k) Savings Plan
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Please note, in accordance with Zayo's commitment to providing and maintaining a workplace free of recognized hazards, all U.S. and Canadian employees and any employee, vendor, customer, or visitor who enters a Zayo office or facility in the U.S. and Canada must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of such vaccination. If you are hired by Zayo, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.