Lead Channel Marketing Manager at Billtrust
Billtrust is seeking our first-ever Lead Channel Marketing Manager to lead strategy, planning, execution and measurement of channel partner activity.
You will build relationships with partners and make sure they are communicating the unique value of our industry-leading SaaS order-to-cash solutions they are selling. In this role, you will integrate brand and product messaging across customer touchpoints while working closely with cross-functional and cross-channel teams, including Marketing, Creative, Channel Sales, Business Development and eSolutions in order to achieve shared brand and channel goals. You will also lead programmatic engagement and enablement activities.
Billtrust has enjoyed year-over-year growth for 19 consecutive years, with much of that being via direct sales. We are now looking to leverage partnerships and the channel to extend our reach and this Lead Channel Marketing Manager will make a significant impact on those goals and our business.
- Plan and execute all marketing activities to support aggressive growth of the partner business, including demand generation, social media, email/newsletters, events/webinars, conference planning or other campaigns and promotions.
- Enable channel partners through the development and management of one-to-many communication channels and programs to inform partners of new products, resources, campaigns and other partner resources.
- Enable channel programs through our partner marketing automation system. Provide marketing campaigns in packages that can be customized and used across partners.
- Work closely with Enablement, Marketing, Content and Sales on development and production of partner marketing resources and other campaign related collateral.
- Act as a marketing advisor to key partners and help develop marketing plans and materials for specific partners.
- Maintain the marketing component of a reseller portal with all the materials needed for partners to sell.
- Design and implement measurements to quantify ROI from channel marketing programs and co-marketing activities with partners.
- Identify, prioritize and act on strategic partnerships; collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders and persuade leadership teams.
- Align and work closely with internal partner team stakeholders for direction on strategy and prioritization. Liaise internally with sales and partner-facing teams to execute on strategy.
- Maintain marketing communication and 2-way feedback internally with stakeholders and also externally with partners to ensure they have the content and tools to sell and market their solutions.
- Prioritize and support partner events/conferences and enable partners to promote our events as well.
- Develop an on-going marketing training program for partners that will include positioning/messaging for products; competitive analysis; best practices for marketing; social selling; etc.
- Proven experience driving Digital Marketing tactical and strategic plans for channel partners, specifically in SaaS, B2B or related technology - 5+ years preferred
- Experience defining channel marketing KPIs, analyzing data, and making recommendations based on data-driven insights
- Demonstrated skill at creatively solving problems in real-time, as well as recognizing and acting on opportunities
- Excellent written, verbal communication, presentation skills as well as analytical skills with the ability to translate a marketing plan to an overall business plan and develop quantitative demand models for each channel partner.
- Experience managing budget – including co-marketing funds - in a channel marketing environment
- Experience using PRM (partner relationship management) tools and executing to-partner/thru-partner marketing campaigns
- Proven track record of driving customer value and expanding brand presence through partnerships
- Ability to edit and improve on draft marketing campaigns by resellers
- Familiarity with marketing automation and CRM tools such as Salesforce
- Passionate about staying informed of industry trends, and an eye towards continuous improvement, and an aspiration to make a difference
- Self-motivated, highly-organized with strong collaboration skills and a team-oriented mindset to be able to work with distributed, cross-functional teams and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working within a matrixed reporting structure
- Bachelor’s degree in either Marketing, Business, or related discipline. MBA preferred, not required.
- Competitive Salary, Bonus, Stock Options and 401(k) Match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- Opportunities for Growth: Professional development can take many shapes. From ERGs like Women in Tech and DE&I, to Mentor-Mentee, Leadership, and High-Potential Programs, we foster an environment where all employees can grow.
- Recognition: From Billtrust Bucks and Gongings to Culture Champion and Presidents Awards, our employees are recognized for hard work and outcomes achieved.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- A Culture that Lives its Values: Our values are not just words or window dressing, they guide our decisions - big and small - each and every day.
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Order-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $40B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently.
For the past 19 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture. We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas - even with our CEO - and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.