Matillion technology turns every business into a data business. Our low-code data integration platform helps modern teams ingest, enrich and synchronise their data across a variety of cloud platforms. Leading companies like Slack, Cisco, and DocuSign trust Matillion to help them transform operational data into useful information at enterprise scale.
We’re backed by top Silicon Valley investors and recently closed a $150M Series E in September 2021 for a total amount of $250M raised in 2021. Our investors include current and former backers of other leading enterprise data companies like Databricks, Informatica and Mulesoft.
As Snowflake’s 2021 data integration partner of the year and a winner of Databricks’ 2021 ISV Innovation Award, our product strategy and engineering execution is continuously recognized as best in class by a rapidly growing ecosystem of technology partners.
With dual headquarters in Manchester, UK and Denver, Colorado, and an expanding hybrid culture, we are looking for passionate, high-integrity individuals to help us scale up our rapidly growing business.
We are now adding a Field Marketing Manager to #TeamGreen based in the US. This person can be based in Denver or remotely from across the US.
The Field Marketing Manager is a master of detail and seasoned expert in creating highly engaging webinars and events that drive pipeline! This individual is not afraid to think big with new and creative event approaches/formats and is also willing to roll up their sleeves to get the work done. They can flawlessly devise and manage an in-person event, but also have the ability to adapt and seamlessly execute engaging webinars and virtual events.
This role will collaborate with Matillion’s go-to-market team to build an integrated field marketing strategy that spans the buying cycle and funnel. They will drive lead generation, nurture existing prospects and engage current customers while building a sales pipeline. This person should be a fast and innovative thinker and demonstrate foresight when planning events and digital tactics -- no detail is left unattended when you are running the show! They must be comfortable in a technical marketing environment and act as a driving force across teams maintaining key stakeholder relationships with sales, alliances, leadership, and vendors.
What you will be doing;
Create a Field Marketing Strategy
- Cross-functionally guide planning, execution, and tracking of field marketing programs in order to expand Matillion’s presence in-territory, generate leads, and build a pipeline
- Understand and define virtual and in-person events and content types (including virtual/F2F trade shows, field events, meetups, etc.) that align with our go-to-market strategy, target personas, and regional focus
- Create and maintain an annual field marketing strategy and calendar with detailed proposals for events and digital tactics, including timelines, venues, vendors, staffing and budgets
- Collect input and feedback from sales, alliances and other internal stakeholders to identify new opportunities and help achieve field team goals
Manage Event & Campaign Execution
- Create event and campaign frameworks and guide the quarterly mix of tactics for each region based on target personas, regional account plans, key accounts, and other factors
- Successfully own and deliver repeatable execution and management of events including online platforms, design, and positioning, direct mail, sales enablement, executive meetings/schedule, internal attendance, collateral, shipping, etc.
- Develop a virtual Matillion user group series and launch in late Q1 2021
- Manage digital assets for promotion and follow-up, as well as ensure AEs and SDRs are driving registration, attendance and follow-up conversations in a timely manner
- Assist in developing proposals and submitting Matillion speakers for sessions at relevant events
Measure & Optimize
- Evaluate event and campaign performance and impact to pipeline through post-mortem meetings and closed-loop lead and ROI tracking to deliver wrap-up reports
- Manage event budget, evaluate results against KPIs and generate recommendations for improvement
- Review and optimize event follow-up programs to offer the most relevant content aligned to deliver results
Collaboration & Communication
- Provide guidance and clear communication between sales, marketing, solutions architects and product to drive late-stage pipeline and expand footprint with existing or target enterprise customers
- Oversee vendor relationships ensuring a high level of quality and output; onboard new and/or consolidate vendors as needed
- Maintain transparent and ongoing communication with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment of goals and execution
- Help manage and maintain speaker engagement and broader events calendar for company-wide visibility
What we are looking for - Essential Skills
- Minimum of 3 years of B2B demand generation experience; specific experience in Field Marketing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Events, Communications, or related field
- Advanced knowledge of best practices in B2B event management
- Proven experience creating targeted event experiences, both sponsored and owned, across the entire lead lifecycle
- Metrics-driven approach to virtual and in-person events and experience aligning those metrics to the go-to-market funnel
- Amazing communicator with a knack for organizing and executing the details
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external teams
- Possess a high degree of initiative, self-motivation and resourcefulness
- Experience working with Marketo, Salesforce.com, and other marketing technologies.
- Marketing certifications a plus.
Find out more about Matillion and our core company values.
- A truly flexible & remote working culture
- A culture that promotes work-life balance
- Company Equity
- Access to mental health support
- 15 days PTO that increases to 25 after 12 months of service
- 5 days paid volunteering leave
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Career development with monthly "hackdays" and access to a Udemy account
& much more!
We are keen to hear from prospective employees, so please apply and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch.
Alternatively, if you are interested in Matillion but don't see a suitable role, please email [email protected]
Matillion is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our team. Matillion prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type, Matillion does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.