Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, dedicated Internet access, and colocation services. Zayo owns and operates a Tier 1 IP Backbone and 44 carrier-neutral data centers. Through its Cloudlink service, Zayo provides low latency private connectivity that attaches enterprises to their public cloud environments. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Zayo internship program is open to graduating seniors and current students. All internships are paid, full-time work experiences. All internships are from June 7* - August 13, 2021 (*start date flexible to academic obligations).
This position is accountable for assisting the Carrier Relations Managers to develop strategies and tactics to maximize value and manage expenditure with Telecom access providers (Carriers). Zayo utilizes relationships with top ILEC (Nationwide Telecom providers), in addition to other local access providers to service our end user customers where Zayo’s network is not On-Net. This involves developing, establishing and maintaining effective supplier/partner working business relationships through the negotiation of Services Agreements/Service Schedules/Service Level Agreements that allows Zayo to utilize the supplier’s own footprint and full suite of competitively priced services that provide synergies within our portfolio.
- Assist in the management of Vendor Contracts and other related vendor performance indicators.
- Develop new carrier relationships as required and enrich existing carrier relationships.
- Contacting via phone and email existing use vendors to update necessary escalation contacts within different areas of the business.
- Maintain and catalog regularly updated vendor product offerings and vendor building list data.
- Support Company cost saving goals by reducing third party costs.
- Assist in pulling vendor performance data from Salesforce for vendor quarterly business reviews.
- Assist in compiling data into presentation format for vendor quarterly business reviews.
- Pull reports from Salesforce for different vendor related circumstances such as vendors coming out of term with their Zayo contracts, vendor spend with Zayo, etc.
- Use Salesforce reports to update data related to vendor management and vendor strategy PowerPoint presentations.
- Ability to develop an aptitude with Salesforce, reports and dashboards.
- Knowledge of: Internet Software; Spreadsheet Software (Excel, Google Sheets); Word Processing Software (Word); Electronic Mail Software (Outlook and Gmail); and Presentation software (PowerPoint).
- Experience with financial analysis is helpful.
- Desire to understand process, identify improvements and implement change.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage internal and external customer expectations.
- Good technical aptitude.
- Proven ability to work accurately and have attention to detail.
- Ability to interface with all levels of employees, clients and vendors.
- Ability to work with deadlines, and under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, outgoing and positive, and to exercise independent judgment when making decisions.
- The ability to act independently yet in alignment with department and firm goals to achieve optimal outcomes for a range of stakeholders (sales, finance, customer, vendor, network engineering & operations)
- Strong administrative, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and implement effectively
- Detail oriented and excellent time management skills
- Demonstrates mutual acceptance and respect of all co-workers.
Excellent benefits including 401 (k) and medical for interns
Internships are full-time (40 hours/week), paid positions with many converting into full-time/part-time employment pending a successful internship.