Financial Reporting Intern
Workiva is searching for a talented Financial Reporting Intern to join our growing team. This is an exciting opportunity to get direct hands-on experience in financial reporting while working at a high-energy software company. The right candidate will be a junior, senior or graduate student pursuing a degree in Accounting.
How You Will Impact the Success of Workiva:
- Create and implement SEC reporting files for public companies using industry leading software
- Apply XBRL tagging information to financial statements and statement footnotes
- Tie-out XBRL tagging information within financial statements and statement footnotes to ensure accuracy prior to filing deadline
- Support Customer Success Managers, Professional Services Managers, and Directors while learning the core aspects of each position
- Interns holding this position may also have the opportunity to test new features for Quality Assurance purposes and work with teams on special projects.
What You Will Need to Be Successful in This Role:
- GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Field of Study: Accounting, pursuing Bachelor's or Masters
- Must be technically savvy and demonstrate a high level of competency using spreadsheets, word processing, and presentation software
- Strong communication and leadership skills demonstrated through leadership positions in community, school, or other programs
- Professional, outgoing, energetic personality with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Attention to detail and follow-through are required
- Must be available to work 15-20 hours per work during the semester, full-time during breaks
Where You'll Work:
We firmly believe our people are our greatest assets, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a difference, but BE the difference. Employees at Workiva develop and provide cutting-edge solutions and services to the business market. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems. Workiva offers a creative culture and open-minded leadership. We want you to thrive, which is why we provide you with perks like:
- Health & Wellness: Need a break? Hit the relaxation room, or take a bike ride.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Extras: Free healthy snacks and drinks, Friday social hours with stocked fridges, awesome team outings, and even five dog-friendly offices.
- Learn more on our Muse Page
More about Workiva:
At Workiva (NYSE:WK) we create best-in-class solutions for enterprise productivity. Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. Wdesk is being used by thousands of companies globally, including over 70% of the 500 largest U.S. corporations by total revenue. We love our customers, and they love us back.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without currently or at any point in the future requiring sponsorship.