Financial Reporting Intern (Accounting)
Workiva is searching for talented Financial Reporting Interns to join our growing team. This is an exciting opportunity to get direct hands-on experience in financial reporting while working at a high-energy software company. In this unique opportunity, you'll work with customers and help deliver high-quality SEC Filings. The right candidate will be a junior, senior or graduate student pursuing a degree in Accounting.
What You'll Do:
- Work with Professional Services Managers and customers to improve the quality of their SEC Filings
- We understand most people are not familiar with XBRL so we train you
- As part of our training, you will learn how to model, map, tag and review XBRL
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Review financial statements to gain an understanding of the accounting policies to map, model, and tag customer statements for XBRL
- Gain knowledge of taxonomies, SEC regulations, and US GAAP and IFRS changes
- Provide customers with XBRL training using the Wdesk application
- Interns holding this position may also have the opportunity to test new features and work with teams on special projects.
What You'll Need:
- GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Field of Study: Accounting, pursuing Bachelor's or Masters
- Must be technically savvy and demonstrate a high level of competency using spreadsheets, word processing, and presentation software
- Strong communication and leadership skills demonstrated through leadership positions in community, school, or other programs
- Professional, outgoing, energetic personality with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Attention to detail and follow-through are required
- Must be available to work 15-20 hours per work during the semester, full-time during breaks
Where You'll Work:
We firmly believe our people are our greatest assets, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a difference, but BE the difference. Employees at Workiva develop and provide cutting-edge solutions and services to the business market. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today's most challenging problems. Workiva offers a creative culture and open-minded leadership. We want you to thrive, which is why we provide you with perks like:
- Health & Wellness: Need a break? Hit the relaxation room, or take a bike ride.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Extras: Free healthy snacks and drinks, Friday social hours with stocked fridges, awesome team outings, and even five dog-friendly offices.
More about Workiva:
At Workiva (NYSE:WK) we create best-in-class solutions for enterprise productivity. Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. Wdesk is being used by thousands of companies globally, including over 70% of the 500 largest U.S. corporations by total revenue. We love our customers, and they love us back.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without currently or at any point in the future requiring sponsorship.