2020 Summer - Product Management Intern - MBA Internship at Workiva
Workiva's Product Managers are the glue holding our business and technology strategies together. They are charged with listening to our customers, understanding our business, and collaborating with our full product development teams to build groundbreaking solutions that empower our customers to get their jobs done quickly and right.
As a Product Manager Intern, you will dive right in and tackle real problems facing our customers and our business. With plenty of support and collaboration along the way, we will task you with digging into and evaluating a problem, talking with customers and internal stakeholders, proposing and refining a solution, and working with our development team to build and release it. You can expect an action-packed and real-world experience of which you will be proud.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with customers to understand their needs and pain points
- Apply analytical rigor by leveraging customer usage data to make data-driven decisions
- Build strong working relationships across engineering, design, project management, and business teams
- Develop your ideas into real products that our customers use and love every day
- Serve as an advocate for your customers and hold a very high bar for building a high quality product
What You'll Need:
- A self-starter mindset to execute in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction
- Leadership skills – the ability to influence and inspire your team
- A strong ability to develop and communicate product vision to your team, peers, and stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and prioritization skills
- An excellent understanding of product development and how web technologies work
- Ability to work collaboratively in an environment that promotes constant team communication
- Bonus points if you have prior experience in software development or similar field
- Currently enrolled in higher education. MBA preferred.
At Workiva (NYSE:WK) we create best-in-class solutions for enterprise productivity. Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. Wdesk is being used by thousands of companies globally, including over 70% of the 500 largest U.S. corporations by total revenue. We love our customers, and they love us back.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without currently or at any point in the future requiring sponsorship.
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we've created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: We rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need-backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought-to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today's most challenging problems. At Workiva, you'll enjoy:
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Extras: Free healthy snacks and drinks, Friday social hours with stocked fridges, awesome team outings, and even five dog-friendly offices.
- Internship Program: Participate in a Top 100 internship program. We provide professional development opportunities, group mentoring and fun events.
- Learn more: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/