Payroll Business Analyst at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
We have another exciting new opportunity to join our North America Payroll team. The Payroll Business Analyst is a critical partner to the business and identifies, elicits, documents, and communicates Payroll system requirements based on the strategic plans defined on the Plan of Record for the Americas Payroll organization. The ideal candidate has strong (2 years +) experience with Ultimate Payroll software.
What You'll Be Doing
- Leverage strong project management background to lead or participate in Payroll projects including evaluation of upgrades, new legislation, changes in HR policy from initial review to deployment
- Ability to manage work to drive successful tracking and completion of change requests
- Serve as subject matter expert with a deep level understanding of US and Canadian Payroll and Ultimate software configuration. Able to configure the Ultimate system and proficient at interrogating the configuration and/or data to determine root level causes and recommend solutions.
- Solid understanding of data integration concepts and ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies, and tools
- Utilize Payroll and Ultimate analytical skills to liaise between Payroll and internal and external stakeholders to vet business requirements and translate into design documents that can be executed internally, by Ultimate or internal HR Technology team
- Bridge the gray space between systems, projects, and operations to deliver well designed and thoroughly tested solutions to business problems that will reduce churn and increase employee and manager satisfaction
- Ability to deliver and/or execute test plans and test cases
- Identify, recommend, and scope opportunities for process improvements and automation to reduce manual work and improve payment processing accuracy and timeliness
What You'll Need
- Educational requirement: Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- Professional experience: 2-4 years of experience with Ultimate Payroll Software
- Technical skills required: Combine strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities with project management skills; proficiency with Excel spreadsheets including functions, MS Project, Word, and PowerPoint; ability to translate complex ideas into simple language for non-technicians
- Soft skills required: Excellent communication skills: ability to facilitate requirements gathering sessions; ability to persuade and negotiate partners to a consensus
What Will Help You Be Even More Successful?
- Knowledge of Latin America payroll is a plus
- Strong team-player and positive attitude
What’s In It For You
At Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That’s why we offer competitive financial compensation, including various compensation plans, and a solid benefits package.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Discounted RTD Passes, with convenient office location off RTD Light Rail (Dry Creek Exit)
- On-site Café with Catering Option for Busy Lifestyles
- 24/7/365 On-site Gym and Lockers, Free for Use to All Employees!
- Bike Racks
- And more!
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)