HR Analytics Manager, Data Visualization and Storytelling at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
Overview of Position
This role will serve as the HR subject matter expert (SME) for Data Visualizations, Dashboarding, and Storytelling. Using visual representations of data and industry-proven best practices, you will produce compelling data stories that inspire our business to make informed data-driven decisions. You will help to reveal deeper insights of Arrow’s performance and opportunities by communicating where we have been, where we are, and where we need to go. Sitting at the intersection of data, HR, and the business, you will shape and deliver value-added data insights. As the visual storyteller on the HR Reporting & Analytics team, you will serve as a key voice in the design, interpretation, and illustration of information produced by the team. Partnerships with other HR functions will include providing consultative support by assisting in the development of effective narratives that provide actionable recommendations that align with their client’s business objectives. Developing and maintaining positive working relationships with stakeholders and subject matter experts will be critical to success in this role. A curious business mindset with an ability to condense complex concepts and analysis into clear and concise takeaways that drive business decisions is essential. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of storytelling, strong data analysis acumen, and experience in supporting and influencing key stakeholders to convey insights in actionable ways that can influence strategic decision-making.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Serve as the HR subject matter expert on multiple projects from requirements gathering to implementation for storytelling and the proper usage of information graphics
- Responsible for turning abstract information from data analyses into appealing and understandable visualizations that improve business insights
- Partner with the Analytics team to prepare products for optimal visualization and storytelling effectiveness
- Acquire, process, parse and occasionally combine diverse datasets while creatively looking for opportunities to tell compelling stories in new and different ways by visualizing data
- Suggest and build both static and interactive data visualizations and novel ways of telling stories
- Develop a deep understanding of business and strategic needs by building strong cross departmental relationships
- Support Arrow HR’s colleagues by creating, maintaining, and improving insightful reporting which enables our business partners to access actionable and insightful data to drive decision making
- Translate business questions into analytical requirements as part of a well-defined development cycle.
- Improve existing programs and support the creation of new programs through persuasive narrative
- Formulate questions, determine metrics, and uncover insights from data that inform decisions
- Lead the design of presentation materials for all levels of the organization including executive team and the Board.
- Visualize and articulate complex information into understandable and audience appropriate format including but not limited to pitch decks, quarterly updates, one-pagers, and infographics
- Should have the ability to lead creative discussions/critiques and obtain buy in from a group of stakeholders
- Effectively communicate and engage with third parties as needed for content requiring production that exceeds the tools available within the HR function
- Enhance body of knowledge and skill set of self and broader HR team as business needs and technologies change
- Provide recommendations for plans, programs, and strategies using data visualizations
- Leverage disparate data and assimilate into a compelling story that points to solutions for our clients.
- Fluently speak the languages of communications, marketing, and business and tailor those communications to audiences of all levels of expertise
- Assist in the design/redesign of insightful and interactive business intelligence reports
What Are We Looking For?
- Extensive experience in visual design and communication best practices to tell actionable stories
- Understanding of how information is turned into knowledge and consumed
- Team player with a positive attitude, collaborative mindset, and excellent interpersonal skills who can work well with technical and non-technical staff across various functions
- Creative thinker who understands user interface design and can apply skills to user experience design, data visualization, and graphical design
- Proficiency in a variety of BI design tools used for visualization and infographics
- Committed to staying abreast of the latest tools and techniques in data visualization and storytelling
- Analytical, intellectually curious, and creative problem-solver who is comfortable analyzing and transforming data into strategic insights
- Ability to work independently, meet milestones, manage priorities/projects with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and exhibits a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to share and collaborate on new ideas
- Demonstrated flexibility, resilience, and creativity
- Ability to take initiative and proactively identify issues/opportunities as well as recommend actions - capable of anticipating and answering client’s next question
- Computer literate; proficiency with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Confidence in speaking with senior leaders
Experience / Education
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree
What’s In It For You?
At Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That’s why we offer competitive financial compensation, including various compensation plans, and a solid benefits package.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Discounted RTD Passes, with convenient office location off RTD Light Rail (Dry Creek Exit)
- On-site Café with Catering Option for Busy Lifestyles (availability subject to COVID-19 office guidelines)
- 24/7/365 On-site Gym and Lockers, Free for Use to All Employees! (availability subject to COVID-19 office guidelines)
- Bike Racks
- And more!
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)