Transaction Tax Analyst
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
As a Transaction Tax Analyst, you will be working closely with the Transaction Tax Manager and Director to ensure the timely and accurate filing of Transaction Tax returns at all jurisdictional levels. You will work with our Transaction Tax team to handle the monthly compliance process coordinating with our outside service provider. This position is part of a growing tax department with opportunities for developing one’s tax expertise.
- Preparation of multi-state sales and use tax return data. Will require working with internal resources and outside service provider.
- Review monthly purchases for use tax reporting and identify tax saving opportunities.
- Coordinate filing of business license registrations and renewals.
- Assist in preparing data and information for unclaimed property reporting.
- Research and respond to tax questions posed by internal and external parties.
- Perform other ad-hoc tasks as assigned.
- Identify and implement process improvements for efficient tax compliance.
- 1 - 2 years’ experience in Transaction Taxes including Canadian Taxes
- Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Experience in the telecom industry would be an advantage.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel & Access, as well as other MS Office applications. Google applications including Gmail, Google Sheets and Google Docs.
- Salesforce.com and/or Oracle R12 experience would be an advantage.
- Ability to handle tight deadlines and work independently.
- Strong organization and time management skills to handle multiple priorities
- High level of attention to detail.
- Must be a self-starter to meet the needs of the business
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave