Staff Accountant at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
Zayo is seeking a Staff Accountant to join the accounting group to handle a broad range of accounting functions including month-end close, journal entry preparation and entry, account reconciliations, variance analysis, monthly accruals, and amortization schedules.
- Revenue and expense accruals and re-classes
- General ledger data summary and variance analysis using financial reports
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- PPD/Amortization, Lease Expense, and Revenue Recognition schedules
- Partner with FP&A for both internal and external reporting.
- Variance analysis, reporting monthly results to management and working with AP/AR function to ensure accuracy.
- Assist in various other accounting projects
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting or Finance
- 0-3 years of Accounting Experience
- Exceptional knowledge and proficiency in Excel
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized with the ability to manage priorities on a deadline
- Excellent analytical, judgment, and decision-making skills with the ability to adapt to change
- Strong sense of teamwork
- Ability to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and effectively
- Strong work ethic
- Must be a self-starter
Base salary range: $52,789-$57,689
Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) - Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary AIP which is based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time