Sr. Director, Accounting at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Senior Director of Accounting is responsible for leading a large team in all activities related to the general ledger accounting function and month end close. A successful candidate will leverage a strong accounting background, business experience and the ability to collaborate, to drive the Company’s objectives forward. This role reports directly to the SVP, Controller.
- Lead and participate in the month end close of the North America and International general ledger accounting teams responsible for revenue accounting, revenue and accounts receivable reserves, all network operations and network expense accounting including lease accounting, prepaid expense, and transfer pricing accounting amongst other items.
- Ensure accuracy of month end accounting through review of accounts and oversight of the performance of month-end financial analysis.
- Lead monthly readout of income statement and balance sheet variance analysis to accounting and finance leaders.
- Integrate the general ledger accounting of acquired companies into Zayo’s processes.
- Analyze and understand complex transactions, apply complex accounting standards to those transactions (with assistance from the Technical Accounting team as needed), and effectively communicate the results to the stakeholders.
- Ensure compliancy with US GAAP and company policies.
- Develop and execute strategic initiatives and best practices designed to ensure long-term process improvement and increased efficiencies, including partnering with the Financial Systems team and other cross-functional teams to achieve required results.
- Responsible for ensuring proper internal controls and processes are in place and are consistently being monitored.
- Work with various organizations within Accounting & Finance and company-wide.
- Build team member capabilities through objective setting, clear roles & responsibilities, and cultivation of an environment of accountability.
- Manage, motivate, mentor and lead a team of approximately 30 employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Master’s degree or CPA a plus
- 12+ years experience in an accounting role
- 8+ years progressive experience in a leadership role, including prior experience overseeing a large team
- Proficiency with Oracle, Salesforce, Excel, and G Suite including Google slides
- A thorough understanding of US GAAP requirements
- Exceptional leadership and management skills that guide and inspire others to achieve organizational outcomes and drive alignment and accountability to results
- Must have the ability to develop, motivate and mentor staff and organize department workload
- Hands on leader who is able to understand processes within the group but is also able to see the big picture
- Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively with all departments, management levels within the company, and external stakeholders
- Competitive compensation
- Base salary range: $155,000-$175,000
- Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) - Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary AIP which is based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time