Sr Accountant at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
As a Senior Accountant for Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. d/b/a Zayo Group, you will be working closely with the Sr Director of Accounting and FP&A to ensure financials statements comply with US GAAP. This role will be responsible for assisting in the management of the close process, reconciling a wide range of accounts across various groups and regions, updating financial metrics and KPIs and handling various projects. This role reports to the Sr Director of Accounting and has high visibility with Zayo’s Controller.
- Month End close – Includes journal entry preparation and entry as well as assisting with overseeing the progress of close to ensure deadlines are being met by multiple teams.
- Balance sheet reconciliations and analytics.
- Variance analysis, reporting monthly results to management and working with accounting team to ensure accuracy.
- Assist with Transfer Pricing activities that include compiling transactions that need to be included in quarterly transfer pricing invoices, preparing data files to be loaded to Billing/AP systems, working with billing and AP teams to ensure accurate loading of data, assisting with the reconciliation of data loaded to journals recorded, assisting in journal preparation as required in primary and/or backup role and helping maintain customer and supplier data.
- Assist with the monthly compiling, reconciling and tracking of cash, AR and AP transactions between Zayo and DataBank (3rd party who purchased zColo business in prior year).
- Support Sr Director of Accounting and Controller on projects, process improvements and workflow documentations.
- Partner with FP&A and Financial Reporting for both internal and external reporting.
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance.
- Assistance with financial audits.
- Ability to analyze complex financial information and communicate results to Director of Accounting.
- A team-player with a positive attitude and ability to work with tight deadlines.
- A self-motivator with a focus on continuous process improvement and developing efficient ways to support the business.
- Assist with mentoring and training of Staff and Senior Accountants.
- Other ad hoc projects as necessary.
- BS in Accounting or Business Administration.
- 3-5 years of accounting experience.
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience working with Oracle, Salesforce a plus.
- Experience in the telecommunications industry a plus.
- Must possess excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, if necessary.
Base salary range in CO: $80,100-$85,000/annually
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Zayo powers and protects customers around the world by providing bandwidth and connectivity over an exceptional network infrastructure.
Be Part of a Mission That Matters. Zayo is a growing global company with the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup, and the execution of a multi-billion dollar business. We provide a communications infrastructure services to the world’s leading internet, content and media companies. Unlimited, fast access to the world of information, business and entertainment. The world runs on bandwidth and increasingly, it’s Zayo’s fiber and infrastructure that makes it possible. At Zayo, It’s important work that inspires us. And we’re always looking for talented people who want to join our team. If you’re a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment, consider a career with Zayo.
Benefits, Rewards & Wellness
Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) - Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary AIP which is based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Sales Incentive Plan - Full-time Zayo sales employees are also eligible for discretionary incentive cash compensation through our Sales Incentive Plan
Excellent Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
Retirement 401(k) Savings Plan
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Please note, in accordance with Zayo's commitment to providing and maintaining a workplace free of recognized hazards, all U.S. and Canadian employees and any employee, vendor, customer, or visitor who enters a Zayo office or facility in the U.S. and Canada must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of such vaccination. If you are hired by Zayo, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.