Senior Revenue Accountant at Workiva (Remote)
The Senior Revenue Accountant performs a broad range of special projects interfacing with internal and external customers or senior management. This position monitors accounting changes, assists with financial reporting, and conducts high-level calculations. This position provides decision authority within defined monetary amounts that may significantly impact business strategies or plans. The Senior Accountant manages projects and situations independently without detailed direction and guidance and works with abstract concepts and complexity.
- Manages and coordinates a broad range of projects, many of which are non-standard reporting
- Prepares complex calculations for reporting and financial statements
- Analyzes numerous projects requiring extensive research of internal or external data and suggests recommendations to assist in making rational business decisions
- Reviews transactions for appropriate accounting treatment
- Conducts research on technical or new accounting issues and prepares accompanying memo with conclusion
- Completes month-end reconciliations (as either preparer or reviewer)
- Works on numerous special projects and provides information to appropriate management personnel
- Provides assistance to ensure tax, audit, and accounting expectations and obligations are fulfilled accurately by required deadlines
- Completes cross-functional work with other teams across the organization
- Focuses on process improvement and identifies areas for improvement
- Handles queue of vendor, customer, and other internal inquiries and escalates as needed
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing other tasks as needed and other projects as assigned by management
- Demonstrates and applies strong accounting knowledge, acumen, and advanced technical expertise
- Assists with training and coaching other team members
If focused on Technical Reporting:
- Assists with SEC reporting
If focused on Revenue Accounting:
- Analyze the partnership agreement and document revenue accounting treatment
- Performs contract reviews of assigned month-end procedures and maintains documentation of review and approval
- Review of complex sales agreements under ASC 606 guidelines and internal policies
- Ensure adequate control and reporting mechanisms are implemented to maintain the integrity of the revenue and revenue related items
- Identify potential revenue recognition risk and contract cost for nonstandard terms and structure during RFP contract negotiations
- Lead and collaborate with business partners on system implementation and procedure enhancement
What You'll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- CPA certification is preferred
- Ability to interpret contracts and policies to ensure items are implemented accurately
- Advanced technical accounting skills and proficiency with financial systems required
- Must be able to multi-task and manage multiple projects, processes, programs, and procedures simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead, motivate and drive teams to deliver world class services and high impact results
- Strong communication and collaborative skills to work with many personalities inside and outside of the company
- Positive and professional demeanor, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to interact effectively with a variety of team members in various departments and job levels
- 4+ years of experience or equivalent
- Minimal travel
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not at a Workiva office
How You’ll Be Rewarded:
- Salary range in the US:
$76,000.00 - $121,000.00 Annually
- A discretionary bonus typically paid annually
- Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
- 401(k) match and comprehensive employee benefits package
The salary range represents the low and high end of the salary range for this job in the US. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and other relevant factors.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
Trust: Rely on each other.
Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
Involvement: Ability to participate in Business Employee Resource Groups (Black, Hispanic, Asian, Women, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Veterans, Disabilities), Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more about life at Workiva: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/
Learn more about benefits: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic. We strongly encourage and welcome people from historically marginalized groups to apply.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email [email protected].
Workiva supports employees in working where they work best - either from an office or remotely from any location within their country of employment.