Senior Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis at FRONTSTEPS
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado with additional offices in Arizona and California, FRONTSTEPS is a SaaS company with a resident engagement platform to empower communities to be safe, informed, and efficient. More than 23,000 communities nationwide — that’s 4.4 million homeowners — are covered by FRONTSTEPS services! We deliver solutions that simplify how management companies, homeowner associations, builders, and security & patrol experts build, connect, operate, and secure modern communities. With a focus on mobile-first technology and best-in-class integrations, our products make it easy for community leaders and homeowners to communicate, collaborate, and drive a more prosperous community.
FRONTSTEPS is guided by the core values of 1) developing our people, 2) taking care of the customer at all times, 3) moving with purpose and urgency, 4) being open, honest, and transparent, 5) innovating and failing forward, and 6) being courageous.
FRONTSTEPS is looking for an FP&A leader to head our company-wide financial planning, forecasting, reporting and analysis initiatives. This high impact role will report to the CFO and partner very closely with members of the leadership team across every aspect of the business. The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of SaaS metrics, particularly MRR bookings, CAC, churn and have prior experience at a high growth SaaS startup.
- Manage the company’s long term-strategic and financial planning processes including, but not limited to, monthly and quarterly forecasts, annual operating plan and company revenue forecast
- Prepare and manage weekly, monthly and quarterly financial and analytical reporting for senior management, investors and lenders
- Own publishing monthly key SaaS metrics such as bookings, ARR, churn, net retention, CAC and LTV by business
- Build detailed financial models and dashboards that track and analyze key business drivers and trends; report key metrics in a manner that is easily digestible by management and investors
- Build relationships with senior management team and support them with in-depth and actionable insights; gain a deep understanding into their business drivers and financial levers
- Partner with accounting to monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances while partnering with department heads on action plans to manage to budgets
- Monitor expenses and provide recommendations to consolidate vendors across various business lines.
- Perform various ad hoc financial analyses and produce clear and actionable reports
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 8+ years of experience in a related role at a SaaS company with P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow analysis and a strong understanding of GAAP accounting and finance concepts
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail with the ability to quickly grasp and apply analytical concepts, particularly those commonly used in SaaS/Enterprise Software companies
- Strong decision-making skills with the ability to consider consequences cross-functionally with exceptional business judgement
- Experience integrating acquisitions would be helpful
- High degree of integrity and honesty with the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Must be self-motivated and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Advanced proficiency in Excel is a must
- Sage Intacct experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field is required; MBA is a plus