LogRhythm, a leader in NextGen SIEM, empowers organizations to measurably reduce risk by rapidly detecting, responding to, and neutralizing cyberthreats. LogRhythm’s Threat Lifecycle Management workflow is the foundation for security operations centers (SOCs), helping customers secure their cloud, physical, and virtual infrastructures for IT and OT environments. The LogRhythm platform has won many accolades, including being positioned as a Leader in Gartner’s SIEM Magic Quadrant.
LogRhythm is seeking a Revenue Accountant to join our team based in our beautiful global HQ in Boulder, CO. The ideal candidate will have a background in accounting for software arrangements or other multiple element arrangements. You will be responsible for evaluating and accounting for multiple element arrangements, reviewing contract terms, invoicing customers, and assisting with various calculations for Sales and other departments. The Revenue Accountant will report to the Senior Revenue Manager.
This is an opportunity to work closely with Sales, Fulfillment, Product Management and Legal departments on quote setup and shipment, trade in eligibility and credits, co-terming maintenance and contract language while providing visibility into LogRhythm’s products and services as we grow with a dynamic, fast-paced tech industry. You’ll work on a team whose results are valued as revenue receives high exposure from company-wide departments, executives, and investors. You’ll increase your skill-set by constantly utilizing new and complex revenue recognition standards within best in class systems.
- Review sales orders for accuracy and ensure they comply with the Company’s revenue recognition policies and procedures
- Enter invoices and create revenue recognition schedules in the accounting system
- Document customers’ maintenance renewal terms and conditions for upcoming renewals
- Calculate and review co-terming of maintenance contracts
- Develop strategies and goals to reduce exposure to write-offs
- Research and resolve account disputes and billing discrepancies with customers and internal sales staff
- Respond to customer and employee inquiries in a timely manner
- Interface with multiple departments including sales staff and management
- Review, prepare and analyze accounts receivable reports
- Prepare month-end related journal entries and account reconciliations related to revenue recognition
- Assist with month-end close, quarterly reviews and annual audit
- Prepare accruals and reconcile sub-ledger to the general ledger
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Required Skills and Experience;
- Sound knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and internal control procedures
- Fast learner, detail oriented and able to accurately and efficiently perform tasks
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and proven ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service, negotiation and resolution skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Sound analytical skills
- Advanced MS Excel experience
- Experience working with NetSuite and Salesforce a plus
- Experience with multiple currencies and a knowledge of ASC 606 a plus
- Strong working knowledge of Windows based applications and mid or top tier accounting programs
Qualifications and Education;
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related area
- 1-3 years of accounting experience, preferably in Revenue or A/R for the software industry
- CPA license a plus
LogRhythm is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.