Manager, Transaction Taxes
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
Primary job function is responsible for managing Zayo’s indirect tax compliance activities, including working with internal groups such as Regulatory, Accounting, and Internal Control. Tax compliance, the filing, and payment of returns, reports, applications…, is both performed in-house and through a third party service provider. Tax compliance includes a variety of taxes, fees, and surcharges as applied to the telecommunications industry, including business licensing. Zayo also has a Regulatory function which covers certain filings. The Manager, Indirect Tax Operations and Compliance (“Manager”) will coordinate the combined compliance activities with the Regulatory Director. The Manager will continue to move additional tax compliance obligations to the third party service provider over time, and as appropriate after discussing with the Tax VP and Tax Director. Manager, to begin, will have one tax analyst as a direct report.
Given the nature of the primary job function, the Manager will coordinate with Zayo’s Internal Control and SOX teams; helping to establish policies and procedures adequate to the Company’s needs, and then ensuring that such policies and procedures are compiled. Also implicit in the job function is providing support and assistance to the Accounting group in respect of the general ledger and indirect taxes.
- Understanding Company’s business and operational processes to promptly address the Company’s indirect tax compliance obligations.
- Maintain and enhance indirect tax filing calendar and reporting capabilities.
- File and pay all tax returns, reports, applications as currently registered (and coordinated with the Regulatory Director) in a timely manner.
- Either register or withdraw from tax authorities/jurisdictions commensurate with the Company’s obligations.
- Respond to and resolve tax notices relating to filed tax returns, reports, applications; but not audits.
- Assist with the establishment and maintenance of policies and procedures related to the Company’s indirect tax function.
- Assist with general ledger accounting
- Bachelor degree and at least 8 years of experience in indirect tax
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Access and Word
- Prior experience with indirect tax compliance preferred
- Experience with ERP systems Great Plains and Oracle preferred
- Experience with Salesforce.com and Avalara Communications preferred
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills are required
- Strong sense of teamwork highly desired
- Candidates must possess excellent analytical, judgment and decision-making skills with the ability to adapt to change
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
- Knowledge of telecommunications industry a plus
- Ability to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and effectively
- High energy individual with strong work ethic
- Must be self-motivated, with strong attention to detail
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.