Director, FP&A at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
The Director, FP&A will manage FP&A processes, including management reporting, variance analysis, forecasting, and scenario planning. The Director, FP&A will be responsible for clearly communicating financial results, planning expectations and outcomes as well as owning and managing the finance calendar. Responsibilities will also include administration tasks in Onestream financial system, consisting of managing business rules, reports, workflows, and security as needed as the business scales. Monthly and quarterly reporting will consist of consolidating Onestream financials for forecast and maintaining multiple scenarios for analysis. Will be responsible for investor reporting and managing investor queries.
- Conducts financial analysis, forecasting & reporting to investors.
- Maintains Admin responsibilities in Onestream financial system; including monthly processes and calculations to drive the rolling forecast updates and annual budget variance analysis.
- Updates Onestream as the business scales (change calculations, dimensions, security, and workflows as necessary).
- Consolidates all financials for all business units/Cost Centers for the Forecast and Budget. Manages the Monthly Operating Report process for Internal Executive Leadership Team and Investors.
- Updates financial information and employee metrics for Company’s quarterly operating reviews.
- Responsible for submitting submissions/reporting packages for Actuals each month and quarter to our investors.
- The candidate possesses the technical expertise, communication skills and good judgement to provide the finance and executive leadership teams with an objective and independent point of view across the company.
- Enjoys and excels in environments where he/she must tackle and solve complex strategic business challenges and issues.
- Demonstrates an ability to flexibly integrate the newest ideas, technologies, and approaches to business with strong intellectual and data-driven rigor
- Outstanding analytical skills with ability to synthesize information, develop insights and communicate effectively in presentations and in person meetings.
- Deep curiosity and passion for understanding and analyzing financial results in the context of creating shareholder value.
- Excellent communication skills with significant experience working with senior executives.
- Superb attention to detail balanced by ability to focus on the "big picture”.
- 8+ years of total experience with a minimum of 5 years direct FP&A experience; deep familiarity with financial accounting, modeling and analysis.
- CO pay range: $160,000-$180,000
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Physical Requirement Codes
NP Not Present
O Occasional (up to 25% of time)
F Frequent (26% - 74% of time)
C Constant (75% - 100% of time)
- Standing/walking: Remaining on one’s feet in an upright position at a workstation or moving about a work area.
- Sitting: Remaining in the normal seated position.
- Carrying: Moving an object, usually by holding it in hands or arms or on shoulders.
- Lifting: Raising or lowering an object from one level to another using hands, arms and/or shoulders, back and legs.
- Pushing/pulling: Exerting force on an object so that the object moves away from/toward the force.
- Climbing: Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs, and/or hands and arms.
- Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending body down at the waist.
- Kneeling: Bending legs at the knees to come to rest on knee or knees.
- Crawling: Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise performing precision work with hands.
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending at leg and spine.
- Bending/twisting: Continual, intermittent flexion or rotation of the wrist or spine.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Hearing: Receiving detail information through oral communication.
- Computer usage or other special equipment to be operated.
Benefits, Rewards & Wellness
Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) - Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary AIP which is based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Sales Incentive Plan - Full-time Zayo sales employees are also eligible for discretionary incentive cash compensation through our Sales Incentive Plan
Excellent Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
Retirement 401(k) Savings Plan
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Please note, in accordance with Zayo's commitment to providing and maintaining a workplace free of recognized hazards, all U.S. and Canadian employees and any employee, vendor, customer, or visitor who enters a Zayo office or facility in the U.S. and Canada must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of such vaccination. If you are hired by Zayo, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.