Billing Assurance Analyst
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Billing Assurance Analyst role is a mission critical role through which the application of analysis will drive material efficiencies in the business while ensuring effortless experience to both internal stakeholders and external customers. The role will review and manage both customer and internal service orders to ensure complete and timely setup through to an accurate invoice. The right candidate will possess excellent analytical and decision-making skills. The Billing Assurance Analyst will experience a sense of teamwork by partnering with multiple departments to analyze and validate the invoicing of Zayo provided services. The role not only learns Zayo’s billing processes but also gets exposure to and the ability to work with other departments such as service delivery, customer service, product and finance. The role will be a valuable asset to the billing team, with opportunities for growth and development within the company.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Analyze service orders prior to invoicing the customer to ensure data integrity and adherence to operational finance principles.
- Ensure internal and external invoices are accurate while driving monthly audits and data integrity initiatives.
- Create efficiencies by utilizing Salesforce and data analysis tools, while always having an eye for process improvements.
- Understand, utilize, and maximize our data, Oracle Financials, and Salesforce capabilities to optimize the billing workflow and overall invoicing process.
- Assist with and develop automated quality assurance/quality control, exception management, and reporting.
- Provide support across teams by participating in department-related and ancillary projects.
- Work collaboratively with sales, customer service, service delivery, and product management teams.
- Understand policies, procedures, and practices surrounding orders and invoicing and be an Expert resource for each.
- Aptitude and desire for learning new/different processes within the company, with a drive to build a strong foundational skillset for a career at Zayo.
- Bachelor’s degree with major course work in Accounting, Finance or Business
- 2 -3 years’ experience preferred
- Strong financial & analytical skills: ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel a must, with proficiency in Microsoft Office and GSuite Applications
- Knowledge of Salesforce and/or telecommunications billing systems and processes a plus
- Ability to adapt to change quickly, as well as manage a high-volume workload efficiently and effectively
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work extended hours (some evenings and weekends, when necessary) and achieve results in a deadline driven environment
- Extreme attention to detail and a passion for data
- High energy self-motivator with a strong work ethic and ability to multi-task
- Strong sense of teamwork and mentoring highly desired, with a drive for learning and growth
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave