Headquartered in Denver, Colorado with additional offices in Arizona and California, FRONTSTEPS is a SaaS company with a resident engagement platform to empower communities to be safe, informed, and efficient. More than 23,000 communities nationwide — that’s 4.4 million homeowners — are covered by FRONTSTEPS services! We deliver solutions that simplify how management companies, homeowner associations, builders, and security & patrol experts build, connect, operate, and secure modern communities. With a focus on mobile-first technology and best-in-class integrations, our products make it easy for community leaders and homeowners to communicate, collaborate, and drive a more prosperous community.
FRONTSTEPS is guided by the core values of 1) developing our people, 2) taking care of the customer at all times, 3) moving with purpose and urgency, 4) being open, honest, and transparent, 5) innovating and failing forward, and 6) being courageous.
We are seeking Accounts Receivable Manager to lead the team responsible for end-to-end processes of billing through collections across all FRONSTEPS businesses. As a hands-on leader of this team, you aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty to solve a problem or respond to customer concerns. This position requires quick thinking and decision making, and a willingness to be creative and think outside the box. You won’t be constrained by existing practice as you are a leader who seizes opportunities to address problems and own solutions. We're looking for a self-motivated, flexible, team-player who has the drive to take initiative and deliver results.
This position is highly visible working cross-functionally with executive leadership and requires a strong leader with the ability to prioritize, plan, and direct the AR department. Join the FRONTSTEPS team if you are looking for a dynamic environment, a company you can grow with, and a culture that balances the energy of a startup with the leadership and maturity of an established company.
- Oversee, optimize, and execute end-to-end operational billing and collection processes for new and existing billing structures, assessing the function for opportunities to simplify and automate in order to build a more scalable function.
- Supervise Billing, AR and Collections staff of 5, ensuring the right talent is in the right seat.
- Partner with Operational leadership as transactional Tier 1 billing and collections support is migrated to a 3rd party partner.
- Develop and implement billing and collections KPIs, developing weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting for executive management.
- Serve as primary point of contact for billing and collections related inquiries from internal stakeholders.
- Perform collections for complex and sensitive customer accounts, negotiate payment programs with delinquent customers, identify accounts requiring legal action or bad debt write off, and work with outside Collection Agencies on an as needed basis.
- Oversee receivables accounting policies and procedures to ensure that all business and customer transactions are executed and documented in accordance with GAAP and Company policies.
Required Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of relevant billing, cash application, accounts receivable and collections experience, with preference in monthly and quarterly recurring billing cycles.
- 5+ years of experience managing a team.
- Experience in working with high-volume transactions.
- Commitment to excellent customer service.
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to motivate and energize direct reports, including tenured staff.
- Proven track record for improving process efficiencies and driving organizational change.
- Strong problem solving, analytical skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to respond, prioritize effectively and meet deadlines while maintaining the highest of standards of completeness and accuracy.
- Ability to perform as a strong team player and coach.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years experience building and leading a billing and collections team, developing and scaling processes.
- Experience interpreting data and providing recommendations to management on needed improvements.
- Familiarity with sales tax software (preferably Avalara)
- Strong trouble-shooting skills and a bias for action.
- Experience in SaaS Environment.
- Experience with Salesforce and Intacct preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business Management or a related degree.