Accounts Receivable Lead at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, dedicated Internet access, and colocation services. Zayo owns and operates a Tier 1 IP Backbone and 44 carrier-neutral data centers. Through its Cloudlink service, Zayo provides low latency private connectivity that attaches enterprises to their public cloud environments. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
Our goal is to recover accounts in a timely, efficient, and ethical manner. We strive to provide flexible mechanisms to sell to a range of customers while ensuring that cash-flow is maintained and exposure to risk is minimized.
We are resolved to expect the highest standards of honesty from our Experts and strive to attract and retain productive employees by providing them a stable and fulfilling work environment. Our employees are a major asset in accomplishing our goals.
- Hands-on experience with managing and supervising the accounts receivable department and ensuring payments are collected from clients on time
- Provider day to day directions to a team of AR experts and set regular weekly priorities and monthly deadlines to process the payment and accounts
- Oversee a portfolio of client accounts receivable balances, and promoting culture of resolving key issues issues preventing timely payments
- Negotiate and settle non-payment disputes with clients efficiently
- Keep in touch with the industry’s best practices and keep updating; ensuring the accounts receivable team is working in the best capacity.
- Working with cross functional team internally to champion best practice and best result in AR collections
- Focus on customer service and solving for collection prohibiting issues; work with customers to resolve disputes and facilitate timely payments
- Demonstrated increase in customer loyalty by demonstrating reducing customer past due balances Decrease High Risk Past Due Balances
- Knowledgeable support to Legal and Product Leads regarding balance and customers
- Utilize various tools to manage day to day portfolio via a Collections Process
- Supervises and Approves the Default / Soft Disco / Hard Disco Process. Assuring ongoing training and support.
- Participates in Account strategy sessions, implementing customized solutions without management input
- Coach and help develop team members; help resolve dysfunctional behavior, provide knowledge and problem solving
- Prepare reports of regular intervals (monthly, quarterly and annual) making forecasts on payment flow
- Prepare in-depth customer account reconciliations and statements of account; able to provide full research with cash applications
- Respond as Escalation Level 1 to customer inquiries through telephone or email queue
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University, plus four to six years customer service experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous long term experience in Collection of High Dollar Balances and /or Account Receivables
- High level of familiarity with MS Excel/Powerpoint/Word
- Ability to answer phone calls to address customer needs with escalation concerns
- Manage the A/R aging with At Risk 90 day Category- High Volume/High Dollar
- Previous Supervisor or Lead experience
- Help support and create daily environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort
- Lead by setting a good example (role model) – behavior consistent with words
- Efficient with computers
- Highly detail oriented, fast learner, ability to adapt and thrive in an ever changing environment.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing requests in a professional manner.
- Passion for customer service and delivering an effortless experience.
- Desire to understand process, identify improvements and implement change.
- Accounting Experience a must
- High level of experience with salesforce.com a plus
- Foreign Language fluency a plus; French
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave