Accounts Payable Specialist at FRONTSTEPS
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado with additional offices in Arizona and California, FRONTSTEPS is a SaaS company with a resident engagement platform to empower communities to be safe, informed, and efficient. More than 23,000 communities nationwide — that’s 4.4 million homeowners — are covered by FRONTSTEPS services! We deliver solutions that simplify how management companies, homeowner associations, builders, and security & patrol experts build, connect, operate, and secure modern communities. With a focus on mobile-first technology and best-in-class integrations, our products make it easy for community leaders and homeowners to communicate, collaborate, and drive a more prosperous community.
FRONTSTEPS is guided by the core values of 1) developing our people, 2) taking care of the customer at all times, 3) moving with purpose and urgency, 4) being open, honest, and transparent, 5) innovating and failing forward, and 6) being courageous.
We are currently looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist in our Denver Office. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented individual with a minimum of three years of Accounts Payable experience. The applicant should display a positive and proactive attitude, strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and multitask, and strong communication skills - both in writing and over the phone - as they will frequently interact with higher levels of management. This position provides the right individual an opportunity to contribute to a fast paced and ever-changing organization. Flexibility and taking ownership are keys to being successful in this role.
- Receive, sort and enter vendor invoices into accounting system
- Route invoices for approvals based on company policy and responsibility for charges
- Evaluate outstanding vendor invoices and make recommendations to Supervisor for payment; process weekly payment run
- Reconcile vendor invoice statements, follow-up on aged AP and resolve timely
- Deposit customer checks and record payments in accounting system
- Prepare and maintain reports assisting with month-end close processes and own general organization of the accounts payable function
- Participate in audit requests and other special projects as required
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least three (3) years’ experience in the field or a related area
- Requires high school education or general education degree (GED).
- Established skills in basic Excel functions and basic Accounting principles
- Sage Intacct experience a plus
- Attention to detail and accuracy are imperative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Keen problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Ability to work independently, as well as take instruction from supervisors