Sr. Systems Engineer at Zen Planner
Daxko powers health & wellness throughout the world. Every day our team members focus their passion and expertise in helping health & wellness facilities operate efficiently and engage their members.
Whether a neighborhood yoga studio, a national franchise with locations in every city, a YMCA or JCC--and every type of organization in between--we build solutions that make every aspect of running and being a member of a health and wellness organization easier and delightful.Job Description
Daxko’s Senior Systems Engineer is a role for a motivated engineer that wants to solve problems at the root cause, in an elegant and sustainable way. You'll be an instrumental part of our TechOps team which exists to build and support the foundational tools that our product teams use to build products our customers love and trust. You'll be successful in this role if you have a strong understanding of network infrastructure, network hardware, and virtualization. You will need to be able to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network devices including WAF’s, firewalls, routers, switches, and load balancers. A deep knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols is highly desired. In addition, this role will assist with the administration of Windows and Linux servers in a VMware/AWS network.
You will also:
- Support all Daxko software offerings and integrated third-party tools
- Identify and resolve technical debt items that, if resolved, could make other engineers more efficient.
- Build, support, and administer all aspects of Daxko's continuous product delivery pipeline
- Work with core components such as load balancers, firewalls, etc.
- Make it painless for product teams to develop, test, deploy and monitor by providing clear, documented frameworks around our operational systems
- Execute our disaster recovery plan; ensuring it is up-to-date and thoroughly tested
- Mentor team members as a subject-matter expert
- Monitor system activity 24x7 as part of an on-call rotation
- Troubleshoot system jobs and services that fail and work with core development teams as needed to ensure operational stability and efficiency.
- 7+ years of work experience in networking/system support
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline OR equivalent experience
- Understanding of internet technologies (DNS, SNMP, HTTP, TCP/IP, CDNs)
- Advanced understanding of Linux, networking, and Internet principles
- Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure
- Effective interpersonal skills (written and oral) and the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of staff levels
- Experience with virtualization and cloud technologies (VMWare, Docker, Azure, AWS, Kubernetes)
- Developing/scripting experience (Bash, Powershell, Ruby, Python, Perl) - the results you deliver are more important than the language you use
- Experience with Open Source Monitoring Technologies (Logstash, Sensu, Graphite, Geckoboard, etc.)
- Experience working tickets and managing priorities within issue tracking systems (Jira, etc.)
- Experience with modern web technologies (HTML5, CSS3, AJAX, JQuery, etc)
We truly care for our team members, and this is reflected through our offices, benefits, and great perks. Some of our favorites include:
- Flexible paid time off, 8 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday
- Affordable health, dental, and vision insurance options
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
- 401(k) matching
- New-Parent Paid Leave
- 1-month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- Casual work environments
The budgeted salary range for this position is $77,846 to $139,865 and will be commensurate with both the experience and location of the candidate.
Daxko is dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We are committed to diversity in the broadest sense, including thought and perspective, age, ability, nationality, ethnicity, orientation, and gender. The skills, perspectives, ideas, and experiences of all of our team members contribute to the vitality and success of our purpose and values.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.