Workiva Software Engineers build, deploy, and support our solutions across the Google Cloud Platform and Amazon AWS infrastructure. Our entire company is built on the cloud, and we are looking for people who can help us leverage the cloud to its fullest.
Workiva culture is highly innovative and team-oriented. We encourage autonomy and provide you the opportunity to develop mastery in areas about which you are passionate. As an Sr Software Engineer at Workiva, you will clearly understand the needs of our customers and the benefits our software provides them and their community. To support the innovative solutions that we, as an organization, develop, you will be playing a part in developing tools and products that will work for not only specific use cases, but an entire organizations use cases.
What You’ll Do:
- Helping plan and develop tools to be utilized throughout the organization
- Understand the solutions developers are building and work on supporting those solutions.
- Work with a variety of development and production teams to provide assistance, guidance, and solutions to help achieve organizational goals
- Serve as an educator to both the development and production teams. By serving as a critical gateway between the two organizations, you will have the unique opportunity to touch both worlds and streamline the processes that we use to move our code from a developers desktop to a highly scalable and highly available runtime environment.
- Help us move to a deployment environment based on Docker containers - help figure out what makes sense to containerize and what doesn’t, where things fit, and how we scale.
What You’ll Need:
- Strong problem solving abilities with the desire to tackle challenging problems
- People who can communicate clearly - they are not afraid to get up in front of a group and explain how systems work, breaking complex deployments down into simple and easy to understand concepts
- Understanding of Docker and evolving container management platforms such as Kubernetes would be great
- Passion for operations and finding solutions for an entire organization
- Passion and expertise for all languages and cloud platforms
- CS Degree preferred, or equivalent work experience
- 2-4+ Years of experience in a development operations role