Software Development Manager – Lead
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
At Zayo, we pride ourselves in taking a fresh approach to supporting the world’s insatiable need for communications infrastructure. The successful candidate will be intellectually agile. They will demonstrate the ability to jump from developing key stakeholder relationships to high-level strategic discussion to managing the tactical execution of our product development needs.
This role will support the Product Management effort for the Zayo CloudLink product line and will be charged with growing the contribution of the product group to the broader business. We are looking for ambitious, independent software development professionals looking to “disrupt” the telecommunications industry by delivering unique, technology-focused product solutions. Within the CloudLink group, we’re thinking 3, 4 and 5x, not 1.2x. If you think this is you, then I look forward to hearing how you can contribute to realizing the tremendous opportunity in front of us.
- Building high-performing software development teams
- Contribute to the product roadmap and translate business requirements into user stories and development milestones
- Managing the day-to-day activities of software developers and in some cases, being one yourself
- Working cross-functionally – in an agile environment – to ensure that product enhancements integrate fully across the entire user experience spectrum: quote to cash
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development, product management, program management, or related field
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science or equivalent work experience.
- MBA and/or MS in Computer Science a plus
- Solid understanding of SaaS/IaaS, and Cloud connectivity products
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages and development platforms, including but not limited to:
- .Net Core
Nice to have
- Interest and ability to learn new programming languages as needed
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.