Software Developer at Billtrust
Second Phase, a division of Billtrust, is seeking an Software Developer to join our engineering team tasked with building and delivering features and services for our cloud-based SaaS eCommerce platform. Our B2B eCommerce web application integrated with various ERP systems allows distributors to manage product and product categories and sell them in their B2B web stores. As a Developer on our team, you will supply incremental value with an eye towards performance, maintainability and quality. You are self-motivated, enjoy solving complex problems and are able to collaborate with a variety of cross-functional teams to deliver solutions in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Collaborate with an experienced team to deliver custom web products and services in Java
- Code and implement and integrate with REST APIs
- Write unit tests
- Design performant software that will scale as our volumes increase
- Document solutions in our knowledge base
- Ability to write code in Java, and experience in related tooling such as webservices, JSP and Tomcat – 4 years of relevant experience preferred
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Ability to code and support commercial enterprise level software
- An attitude where no technical challenge is too great
- Ability to use, implement and evolve REST APIs
- Ability to communicate and collaborate cross-functionally, and work well with a team-oriented environment
- A mindset towards quality and an ability to write unit tests utilizing a unit test framework such as Junit
- Experience with some of the following nice-to-have: Dependency Injection, AWS, Spring Boot and other Spring libraries, EJB, AngularJS, cloud-based software/multi-tenant applications is a plus
- Knowledge of SQL with an understanding of databases such as PostgreSQL or DynamoDB
- An understanding of web security and secure coding practices preferred
- Experience in a SaaS, B2B, eCommerce, software or product-centric business nice-to-have
- Competitive Salary, Bonus, Stock Options and 401(k) Match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- Opportunities for Growth: Professional development can take many shapes. From ERGs like Women in Tech and DE&I, to Mentor-Mentee, Leadership, and High-Potential Programs, we foster an environment where all employees can grow.
- Recognition: From Billtrust Bucks and Gongings to Culture Champion and Presidents Awards, our employees are recognized for hard work and outcomes achieved.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- A Culture that Lives its Values: Our values are not just words or window dressing, they guide our decisions - big and small - each and every day.
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Order-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $40B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently.
For the past 19 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture. We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas - even with our CEO - and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.