Software Architect at Billtrust
As an Enterprise Architect, you will serve as visionary leader, builder, operator and play a key role in the evolution of our SaaS products and platforms. You will solve complex technical challenges in information extraction, large-scale computing, distributed systems, web applications, scalability, security, and algorithms to name a few. You’ll strive for simplicity, and demonstrate significant creativity and good judgment.
- Serve as a technical leader on our most demanding projects
- Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions
- Fully and completely understand system interdependencies and limitations
- Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices
- Actively mentor individuals and the Billtrust developer community at large on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members
- An attitude where no technical challenge is too great
- Advanced software design skills, with the proven ability to build and support scalable, testable solutions in a product-centric environment - 15+ years of progressive experience
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally to determine feasibility of design, ensure code quality, and deliver releases
- Language-agnostic mindset, with proficiency in at least one of the following: C#, PHP, C++, Java or Node.js
- Ability to provide direction and mentoring to a group of senior developers, automation engineers, QA engineers, and architects
- Proven ability to design and implement REST APIs
- Demonstrated knowledge of testable application design principles utilizing a unit test framework
- Solid knowledge in some flavor of SQL with a strong understanding of RDBMS, such as MySQL; Experience with NoSQL stores preferred
- Strong understanding and experience with public cloud platforms, such as AWS or Azure
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM processes and techniques
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar (or equivalent experience); Master degree preferred
- Competitive Salary, Bonus, Stock Options and 401(k) Match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- Opportunities for Growth: Professional development can take many shapes. From ERGs like Women in Tech and DE&I, to Mentor-Mentee, Leadership, and High-Potential Programs, we foster an environment where all employees can grow.
- Recognition: From Billtrust Bucks and Gongings to Culture Champion and Presidents Awards, our employees are recognized for hard work and outcomes achieved.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- A Culture that Lives its Values: Our values are not just words or window dressing, they guide our decisions - big and small - each and every day.
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Order-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $40B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently.
For the past 19 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture. We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas - even with our CEO - and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.