Senior WordPress Developer (Remote) at Zen Planner
Daxko powers health & wellness throughout the world. Every day our team members focus their passion and expertise in helping health & wellness facilities operate efficiently and engage their members.
Whether a neighborhood yoga studio, a national franchise with locations in every city, a YMCA or JCC--and every type of organization in between--we build solutions that make every aspect of running and being a member of a health and wellness organization easier and delightful.Job Description
As a Senior WordPress Developer, you will be responsible for customizing and developing our website platform and its development projects. You will work directly with our UX/UI design team to build custom and semi-custom websites and products and collaborate with other developers and designers to complete projects as requested. Additionally, you will work alongside account managers and clients to develop and deliver projects on time.
The Senior WordPress Developer reports to the WordPress Development Team Lead.
You'll also be responsible for:
- Back-end web development (WordPress, PHP, MySQL) to support and complete projects.
- Server administration to support website hosting of projects (Windows, Linux, Apache).
- Training and mentoring team members on development projects and skills related to development and processes.
- Project management, such as timeline management, resource coordination, and communication, as required, to ensure websites and projects are completed and launched within a set timeframe.
- Regular project ownership of development projects to ensure a supportive lifecycle.
- Proofreading & editing website content as needed, or as directed by customers.
- Updating digital media on customers' websites, editing images when necessary.
- Respond to tickets regarding text & image changes for existing customer websites.
- Troubleshooting and resolution of issues and bugs on websites and projects.
- QA of websites and projects for development issues and best practices from other developers and designers prior to launch.
- Four (4) + years of experience developing web solutions in WordPress
- Experience with setting up and configuring headless WordPress installs
- Mastery of WordPress hooks, filters, custom post types, and taxonomies
- Advanced Custom Fields plugin experience
- In-depth custom theme development experience
- Experience with WordPress plugin creation (with API’s and gateway integrations)
- Experience working on large-scale enterprise builds in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to execute the full software life-cycle development process - from architecture and development to debugging and maintenance
- Comfortable working with a team in a fast-paced environment, ability to prioritize, and meet deadlines within specific time constraints
- Ability to effectively work on your own, with a team, and with customers
- Able to handle multiple projects at once
- Able to document codes and processes clearly
- Ability to stay up to date on current industry trends and learn new technical skills
- Knowledge of digital marketing concepts (e.g., content strategy, email marketing, SEO, PPC, social media)
Bonus points for:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in development, communications, business, or similar/relevant field
- Development bootcamp or other relevant coursework.
Daxko is dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We are committed to diversity in the broadest sense, including thought and perspective, age, ability, nationality, ethnicity, orientation, and gender. The skills, perspectives, ideas, and experiences of all of our team members contribute to the vitality and success of our purpose and values.
We truly care for our team members, and this is reflected through our offices, benefits, and great perks. Some of our favorites include:
- Flexible paid time off
- Affordable health insurance options
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
- 401(k) matching
- Casual work environment
- Plenty of free food and caffeine
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.