Senior Software Engineer
What You'll Do:
- Deliver and document team or group level technical solutions
- Perform Code Reviews within your group's products, components, and solutions; involve external stakeholders (Ex. Security, Architecture) where appropriate
- Test software and write automated tests (unit, integration, functional, etc) with Wdesk solutions in mind
- Debug and troubleshoot components across multiple service and application contexts
- Engage with support teams in triaging and resolving production issues
- Estimate (or assist in estimating) work at a team or project level
Participate in product discovery activities with customers and stakeholders
- Establish key metrics to identify problems, suggest solutions, and drive resolution.
- Mentor other engineers both technically and culturally
- Communicate complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- May participate in Architecture Guilds
- May lead interns
- May also perform a Tech Lead or an Architecture role.
- Minimum two years related experience, typical five years
- Demonstrated expertise in programming to include a solid foundation in computer science, with competencies one or more of: data structures, algorithms, object-oriented software design, and working with cloud-based distributed systems.
- Expertise debugging complex systems or applications
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: Mobile computing, relational databases, database design, Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, knowledge of HTTP and web protocols are a plus
- Experience using one or more commercial databases
- Experience building one or more of unit, integration, functional user acceptance, or contract tests
- Experience as a technical mentor preferred
- Experience leading projects or teams preferred
- Experience working in an agile development environment preferred
- Experience developing for service oriented architecture is a plus
- Experience with Docker or other container systems is a plus
- Experience with active or passive monitoring is a plus
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we've created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: We rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need-backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought-to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today's most challenging problems. At Workiva, you'll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ+), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.