Senior Software Engineer I - Security at LogRhythm (Remote)
Senior Software Engineer I - Security
LogRhythm is seeking a qualified Senior Software Engineer I with the requisite experience and passion for designing, implementing and delivering secure and compliant products to support our customers need for advanced cyber threat detection and mitigation. As a Senior Software Engineer I focusing on security across the software development lifecycle and the software supply chain, you will work with a team of talented software engineers to design and develop product features and to help insure that LogRhythm’s products are designed and implemented with best-in-class security and that they support various compliance regimes. You will work closely with our development, cloud engineering, SRE, and security teams. You will provide technical leadership and work in an agile organization which uses SAFe (Scaled Agile FW).
Here’s an overview of the responsibilities & challenges ahead
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of SaaS microservices and associated architecture
- Ensure designs meet technical, functional, security, and compliance requirements
- Work closely with a Product Owner and Development Manager to plan out work
- Mentor other team members in growing their skills/careers
- Help steer and evangelize solutions, best practices and new ideas across multiple teams in the organization
- Conduct tech talks or other brown bags across the organization
- Participate and provide input into hiring and candidate selection
- Collaborate with Architects to improve designs, architecture, security, and compliance of our products
- Participate in code reviews across multiple teams, with a special emphasis on security and compliance
- Perform software security testing including various static and dynamic security scans
- Review designs, code, infrastructure, and the software supply chain for security and compliance-related defects, design and implement security-focused features, and suggest changes to existing products to improve security and compliance
- Remediate security and compliance-related defects and weaknesses
- Participate in Secure Software Development Lifecycle design, maintenance, and governance
- Research and train in all aspects of a secure software development lifecycle, from requirements to design to implementation.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similarly relevant engineering or computational discipline experience
- 10+ years of experience developing back-end services in Java
- Expertise in microservice design and implementation including API design
- Experience with standard development and CI/CD tooling (e.g. Git, Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience developing in a cloud environment (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Direct experience reviewing code for security issues and reviewing and triaging static and dynamic security scan results
- Direct experience remediating server-side design and code security defects and weaknesses
- Additional experience remediating client-side design and code security defects preferred
- Solid knowledge of Linux and a desire to understand OS security hardening and best practices
- Knowledge of authentication and authorization techniques, including MFA and SSO
- Experience working with compliance regimes such as SOC 2, HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA, etc.
- Ability to create and consider multiple approaches and distill into one recommended well thought out technical strategy including logic/reasoning.
- True team player who can work effectively with teams across the entire organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Full stack development experience preferred
LogRhythm offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements:
· 401k plan
· Flexible time off
· Birthday Day off
The annual starting salary for this position is between 140-150k Annually depending on experience and other qualifications of the successful candidate.
Bring your Whole Self to Work!
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of who we are. At LogRhythm, we know that diverse perspectives spark innovation, improve creativity, and position our team for success. Creating a culture where all are welcomed, valued, and empowered to achieve their full potential is important to who we are today and in the future. We hire the best of the best and do not discriminate based on race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or other personal factors.
- Gartner Leader in Security
- TB company
- Award-winning NexGen SIEM Platform